Dodge SRT Forum banner

What dp would you use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the better dp I can get an ATP 3” with high flow cat, $380 shipped or
A Maxxfab 3” with high flow cat and test pipe. $300 shipped.
Just wanted to know what sounds better and performs better.
Which one will let the turbo spool sound out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
well...

it says in your mods "mopar/borla turbo back exhaust"?
if you mean the mopar catback then i would reccomend maxx fab.
i just put it on my car lastnight w/mopar catback...sounds incredible, and i didn't think that one piece of pipe could make that kinda power gain, but it did.
i didn't dyno it or anything but it was a big enough gain that it was DEFINATLY noticable to my "butt dyno" after first test drive.
hope that helps...also scottmech from maxxfab is super helpful and has great customer service.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
unreal739 said:
it says in your mods "mopar/borla turbo back exhaust"?
if you mean the mopar catback then i would reccomend maxx fab.
i just put it on my car lastnight w/mopar catback...sounds incredible, and i didn't think that one piece of pipe could make that kinda power gain, but it did.
i didn't dyno it or anything but it was a big enough gain that it was DEFINATLY noticable to my "butt dyno" after first test drive.
hope that helps...also scottmech from maxxfab is super helpful and has great customer service.
I will have to change that. Did it help with the sound of the turbo spool?

·
Registered
87 Posts
yes you can hear turbo spool

scottmech said:
I vote MAXX Fab:lol: .
lmao...
anyway all the guys in my local shop kept putting there ear by my exhaust tips just to hear it spool through the exhaust...kinda funny to watch, but yes you can hear it...and it's fairly loud...not bdj dump pipe loud but pretty loud.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
How necessary/desirable would it be to have the o2 housing w/ downpipe versus just a downpipe from maxxfab? I was paroosing their site and reading a little and I'm not like a hardcore racer or anything, dont intend to go to a track anytime in the next 7 years, but would like a mid to low 13 second car. Is the 02 housing more of a race part or is it beneficial to anyone looking for a little extra hp? Don't wanna be too loud though either, Cali pd dont like cars like these.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The DP comes with one O2 censer I believe, you don’t need to get a second one unless you plan or running air/fuel ratio gage. go to www.maxxfab.com and look under srt-4 dp good price to.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
raverboy said:
The DP comes with one O2 censer I believe, you don’t need to get a second one unless you plan or running air/fuel ratio gage. go to www.maxxfab.com and look under srt-4 dp good price to.
Right, I've been looking at their site and now I'm curious, is there a difference between an O2 bung and O2 housing? They sell O2 housings separate and then the DPs with O2 bungs and cats and whatnot, so if I don't even have an A/F gauge do I not need either O2 parts (unless they are the same)? Still learning about this car, maybe I'll just get a DP.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
slow79ford said:
Right, I've been looking at their site and now I'm curious, is there a difference between an O2 bung and O2 housing? They sell O2 housings separate and then the DPs with O2 bungs and cats and whatnot, so if I don't even have an A/F gauge do I not need either O2 parts (unless they are the same)? Still learning about this car, maybe I'll just get a DP.
The O2 HOUSING is located between the exhaust manifold and the dp. The sotck one is 2 inches in diameter. The MAXX Fab O2 housing is 3 inch in diameter. If your pushing 18-19 psi, 7-10 hp has been seen by replacing the O2 housing. The O2 housing page on the MAXX Fab web site shows an O2 housing mounted to a dp as it would be on the car.

An O2 bung is what the O2 sensor is screwed into. The O2 housing has one (moiters A/F ratio for mixture adjustment), and the dp has one. The one in the dp moniters the quality of the air for emission purposes.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts