Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so I went to the Toyo Tuning Day there at the Nurburgring. Found Andy and the beer-fetchin' robot named Adrian and we hung out watching the races. Then Andy says that there is a KW (as in Mopar S3 coilover KW) display team there that also does lambo doors and they were looking for an SRT-4 to use as a "guinea pig" car to slap lambo doors on, front only (duh!). Long story short, I'm losing my car for three weeks so they can install lambo doors on it. I don't have to pay anything other than a rental car for the 3 week period. I don't have to pay them SQUAT. And since it looks like no one has ever done this to an SRT-4 yet, I figured "What the hell". I'll be the first, I guess. I figure having German engineers custom make all the pieces to fit the SRT-4 flawlessly should be good. German engineering is some of the finest on the planet (right, all you KW/Mopar S3 coilover owners?). I'm thinking about seeing if they want to try to suicide the rear doors, maybe even a suicide-lambo combo. But that may take longer than three weeks, so I dunno. Hell, I don't think the rear doors are even possible to suicide-lambo due to clearance issues.
I think they want to use my car as the "prototype" so they can document the entire process and blueprint everything and start selling lambo door kits custom-made for the SRT-4. Yeah, it's rice, but it's SORTA free (minus the car rental). I figure I'll come out ahead on the deal. I'm all about free/cheap stuff!
More info to follow after I call the company next week to line up a drop-off date for my car (after I finally get them damn Progress springs installed!)
And for those from the other lambo threads that will read this, no, "that guy with the red SRT-4 in Germany with the spinners" does NOT have lambo doors.
Sorry, Andy, I got my car there first. :rofl:
Oh yeah, their website is http://www.lsd-solutions.de/
Hate away!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GiJoe said:
Dare to be different!!
Make sure you put a small block of wood under the gas pedal and to check your mileage before you drop it off. VROOOOOM-VROOOOOOM....... and all the "kids" got to test drive the "guinea pig's" car!!

I think it'll look ok. We'll see.
Well, they had a Porsche there too, so we'll see. But, yeah, the block of wood is a good idea :rofl:
And the mileage WILL be recorded. I wish they had "reverse" turbo timers that will only let the car run for like a minute before it shuts off. That would pretty much guarantee no horse play.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Iball fook the block of wood. Here is what you do to thwarf would be cruisers.its easy and cant hurt your motor.

Simply disconnect the Coolant temperature sensor, the car will not rev past 3000 RPM no matter what they do. It switches the governor to 3k, so no boost for them :)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, they all seem professional and dedicated to the task at hand, so I don't think they will be joyriding in it.

·
SRT Forums Veteran
1,198 Posts
I got there around 930 and a rep from them came up to me asking if i would be interested in letting them use my car as a test car. He said the install and everything would be about half price, I thought about it and didn't want to put money into lambo doors (especially being broke after the vacation) so I told Dave about it and we went over to talk to them, low and behold the main guy told him it would be free, they just need the car for 3-4 weeks, it was to late then, Dave was already in, oh well, good luck being the test car, should turn out good. I looked at the other cars they have done and it looks good. The Lambo doors will be practicle here in Germany with the tight parking. They are the same people who designed and built the mopar coilovers, I know those are good so these lambo doors should be just as nice.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meh, I figure it's different. And the weight cost should be negligable from what I saw of their designs. They had all sorts of stuff for sale there too. Andy picked up a breather filter and got his caps from me. I got my $20 catch can from him that he picked up when he was in the states. I will get that along with the springs installed this Saturday. I figure if I get the car to them on 8 OCT, I should be able to get it back by the week of 1 NOV. Just in time to slap snow tires on it since it will probably have snowed a friggin' foot by then....ugh. Once all is said and done, I'll post pics here and the website URL again for the company that did it. THey DID tell me they would have to cut something off the inside of the fender to make room for the hinges, but when I got home I looked all over where they would have to cut, and it looks like it won't hurt anything. I'm more worried about the power mirrors, windows, etc. and the cabling. I'm going to take pics of the whole door and email it to them to see if that's going to be a problem. The system's pretty slick. I was more worried about what stopped the door from going all the way up and slamming into the fender, but I saw where the safety pieces were for that. Bah, it's an experiment.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Rice on...j/k It will deffinetly be a head turner...For all the people that talk about rice...bottom line it is your car do with it what you want...minus spinners on an srt-4...take care guys...and hopefully when my car is back to normal i will be out there getting some free stuff

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey dave by the time you get your car back i will have mine already on. i get mine the first week of october. yes you can do sucide lambo rear. i was looking at getting the front lambo and sucide lambo the rear and a company in the states wanted $9,995.00. i will stick with the lambo front and sucide rear doors. i finally got it washed. by the time i got off work and back to the house changed, washed up, washed the car, it was late as shit so i couldn't even go cause my daughter was coming home around 5. I was so pissed. I took the spinners off today. I am posting some pictures within the next half hour. when are we going to do your springs? still next weekend?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/krazykarkustoms

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
krazy, yeah next weekend they will HAVE to go on. Along with my $20 catch can, and an oil change. Week after that it's going to Stuttgart to have them prototype the lambo doors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
make sure these doors open normal about ten inches and then go up. if not you are looking at getting all kinds of shit in your fender area cut up. mine open like a 15 degree angle and then go up. hopefully that is what they do for you too. if you are looking at sucide lambo they would have to really beef up the back part of the car which means more weight. i am uploading the pics now. the night pics came out shitty. hey what do you say about after getting your springs on we go down to k-town and have a little get together with all the guys down there. i want to see chris's car and what new on joe's car. since the girl is gone. i figured this would be the best time to go down there. well ask those guys down there and let me know whats up.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmm....depends on whether or not my new girl is going to Stuttgart to stay with her parents, staying with her fiance (ahahahaha!) or wants to get banged silly by me.
And that's a Bitburg race weekend, I'm sure they will all be in Bitburg anyway.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
SRT4Power said:
dude lambo doors? They couldnt pay me to put those on my car..
That's what I said too until they said the magic words:
"For free."
And I know how to get a cheap rental car, so I still come out ahead. :tongue:
And they're TUV-certified. For those that don't know, TUV is the German equivalent of our vehicle inspections stateside. Only a hell of a lot more strict on what you can and can't do to a car. And it costs a load more money to go through too.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, it's a go for turn-in on the 8th. Got an email from them saying they would like to have it earlier since they are showing at SEMA in Las Vegas at the end of the month but the 8th is fine. I figure they can just have a COMING SOON sign or something at the SEMA show.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.