Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THEY ARE KNOWINGLY RIPPING OFF THEIR CUSTOMERS! THEY ARE CHARGING SALES TAX FOR CUSTOMERS THAT ARE OUT OF STATE!! THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW ACCORDING TO ARTICLE 100 - REFERENCE 752 WHICH IS A CALIFORNIA STATE LAW!! jUST LOOK IT UP UNDER "USE" TAX LAWS! I HAVE TRIED TO CALL THEM AND TALK TO THEM FOR 6 DAYS NOW AND HE DOESNT REPLY THROUGH EMAIL OR BY PHONE!! ADRIAN WHICH I GUESS IS HIS SECRETARY KEEPS GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND!! ALL I ASK IS FOR A SIMPLE PHONE CALL OR REPLY!! THIS IS MAKING THEIR SO CALLED ESTABLISHED BUSINESS LOOK PRETTY BAD!! SO I GUESS MY NEXT STEP IS TO LET THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU KNOW?? THANKS EDWARD CASWELL

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
MiamiTuscani said:
Are you sure that is against the law, because Victoria's Secret just did the same thing to me.
I think if you read it again he says Califorina.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
If you buy something from another state that isn't established in your state, then
they aren't supposed to add sales tax to it

·
Registered
858 Posts
MiamiTuscani said:
Are you sure that is against the law, because Victoria's Secret just did the same thing to me.
I was going to poke fun at your manhood, but...then I saw you sig. :lol:

Anywho, CasSRT you want to look at federal law, not California law. Maybe Cali has a law so it 'protects' their consumers, but you nor the state has jurisdiction to file a complaint again Dynoworks. Since it's a transaction across state lines, I think you're going to have to look at federal tax law. Turn off the caps too :tongue:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
aherrij said:
I was going to poke fun at your manhood, but...then I saw you sig. :lol:

Anywho, CasSRT you want to look at federal law, not California law. Maybe Cali has a law so it 'protects' their consumers, but you nor the state has jurisdiction to file a complaint again Dynoworks. Since it's a transaction across state lines, I think you're going to have to look at federal tax law. Turn off the caps too :tongue:
:gay:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sorry for being teh :gay: No jokes around here I guess... :readclose

There's another thread started by this guy already, same shit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
he bought a clutch and it was like 35,so everytime he buys something for 500 he spends 35 extra.so in therory he spends say 2000 more thats 5x35=175.thats alot of money

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
As long as the business doesn't have a business in your state they can't charge you taxes. So basically if you order from summit and do not live in ohio or nevada where they have the stores they don't charge taxes. Same with any business. VS is different as they are established in probably every state so they can charge you taxes on the stuff. But any order I place from all the vendors I never was charged taxes except from howell since they are located in my state. So as long as they are not in ur state they shouldn't charge you taxes. The BB won't do shit for you if they are not a member. They will only put a thing if anyone else calls them before they buy they will see the comment about it. But who in the world calls the BB before they buy from someone. I know I don't. More then likely someone like the attorney general or something to that effect would be the only person that might help or at least tell you who to contact. But honestly calling them up will be the only way if you bug them enough they might end up helping. Good luck.
Lorenzo

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Isn't there a federal tax board (not the IRS) that regulates this type of thing. One thing about our gov't is that since FDR we've got a department in our gov't for anything you can think of. We pay their fucking salaries so I say you put the gov't to work. Somebody is responsible for enforcing these laws if they're on the books.

·
Super Moderator
34,772 Posts
funny side story here.. when i did my PA state taxes this year i noticed they want you to pay "usage" tax on items you bought out of state ..riiiiight

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
ur joking right..... Dave is a stand up guy, shit he is having another free dyno/install day for us on 9/05. If u are having such an issue get his sec. to give u his cell number. Im sure he will settle it. btw Dave if u see this, i hope to actually make it to this dyno day, be nice to meet the maker of my motor mounts lol. they kick ass too !!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just want my motor mounts who cares about taxs just send the motor mounts. Bout mine about 2 weeks so they should be here soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts