Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Pic is attached
I purchased this turbo and manifold kit.
it's basically same as oem but the quality of the actual cast is nicer looking . for the price you can't beat it .

a tip when I first installed it I was figuring low boost like 5 psi. turns out the preload on the actuator is wrong so I maxed it out and with boost controller I am hitting 18psi and dropping down to around 16 psi .

and I feel this turbo is louder spooling . everything fit like a glove , only thing I didn't use was the gaskets so I bought felpro ones. and put about 3000 miles on it . so far so good .

Attachments

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
so Pic is attached
I purchased this turbo and manifold kit.
it's basically same as oem but the quality of the actual cast is nicer looking . for the price you can't beat it .

a tip when I first installed it I was figuring low boost like 5 psi. turns out the preload on the actuator is wrong so I maxed it out and with boost controller I am hitting 18psi and dropping down to around 16 psi .

and I feel this turbo is louder spooling . everything fit like a glove , only thing I didn't use was the gaskets so I bought felpro ones. and put about 3000 miles on it . so far so good .
Interesting, thanks. Lets see how it holds up through a few heat cycles an WOT pulls.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, thanks. Lets see how it holds up through a few heat cycles an WOT pulls.
the bypass valve thats installed is leaking currently as im boosting 18 psi and i hear it leaking air . so i have to upgrade that to a bov that can hold boost. and ive had it set at over 20 psi and it was scarry pulled like a freakin horse but you could clearly here that valve leaking and a vacuum leak somewhere i still cant locate.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pleased for thr price. people are selling cracked manifolds and leaking turbos for 400 . ill take my chances and even if the turbo blows up, i can replace it with a stocker . the cast manifold alone is worth it .

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That price point seems hard to believe...
I had no chose at the time , it was spend 1500 on a big turbo or this. because people smoke crack when it comes to srt4 parts and prices . and I've tested it so far so good. the brand has been good to me I like to try the underdogs brands .

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I blow this 1 up its not the comoanies fault. It's my own custom my vac lines seem correct but there's a leak somewhere can't find it. and I keep turning up the boost to test it. so far was able to pull 24psi spike and then fuel cut that was scary.
but I beat this thing hard . and seems to just work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts