Dodge SRT Forum banner

Does This Race Outcome Sound Right?

629 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  KALVIN97GAGT 
#1 · (Edited)
Long story short, I ran into a buddy of mine in his manual 06' GTI and had a quick pull on the highway. I had two passengers in the car, about +320lbs extra weight give or take a few lbs and the mods in my sig. He claimed to be stock and was by himself. Started off around 40mph, I honked it and we took off. On the third honk my nose was at his drivers door. At about the top of third gear I was only maybe a car to a car and a half ahead. We slowed down due to an oncoming turn. I thought I would be pulling more than this but he put up a pretty good fight. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these cars. Was the extra weight of my passengers what was holding me back, or is it something else? I'm thinking a boost leak since I've yet to do a test. Any other suggestions?

#4 ·
KALVIN97GAGT said:
sounds right, u really dont have any power mods.. 15/13 wga? i mean thats like stock boost levels..
Yeah....I adjusted the wga once I put it on and haven't touched it since. I like the way it pulls so i don't feel like messing with it, but its only holding about 13 to redline so I'm thinking a boost leak is the culprit.

#7 ·
KALVIN97GAGT said:
no that sounds about right, 15/13.. spike 15 and hold 13... i spike 19/20 hold 18/17
So if i turn it up a tad, i could spike 17 hold 15? I've read thats the most I should run without more fuel and a wideband. However, the car is my dd and I dont wanna even risk messing something up. Would the extra 2psi make that much of a difference?

#8 ·
i have other mods to support that, but no fuel mods.. other than stage 1 injectors (i have an 03) and stage 1 pcm.. i have a wideband though and im still running rich as hell at those #s... i would say you can spike 17 or so and hold 15 if u want.. however if ur scared don't do anything..
i am also NOT on pcm boost, so my computer does not control my boost but the wga does it only

#9 ·
KALVIN97GAGT said:
i have other mods to support that, but no fuel mods.. other than stage 1 injectors (i have an 03) and stage 1 pcm.. i have a wideband though and im still running rich as hell at those #s... i would say you can spike 17 or so and hold 15 if u want.. however if ur scared don't do anything..
i am also NOT on pcm boost, so my computer does not control my boost but the wga does it only
Nice, your car must pull pretty good at those boost levels. I'm not on pcm control anymore, rerouted the vac lines so its controlled by the wga. I think I'll turn it up slightly and see how she pulls. Thanks for the advice man, :thumbsup: .

#10 ·
hey np..
i would really really really recomend a wideband though..

i ran on 17/18 spike forever w/ no wideband and my car is my daily.. but now tha ti know all this, i would really reccomend to look at your afr's .. so maybe next mod?

also i have tech gauges to monitor knock and timing... very usefull for tuning

#11 ·
KALVIN97GAGT said:
hey np..
i would really really really recomend a wideband though..

i ran on 17/18 spike forever w/ no wideband and my car is my daily.. but now tha ti know all this, i would really reccomend to look at your afr's .. so maybe next mod?

also i have tech gauges to monitor knock and timing... very usefull for tuning
yeah, i've been considering picking up a wideband soon...with all these mod possibilities, and so little money, i dont know what to do next :frogtongu . what wideband are you using?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.