Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent really dipped too much in to the turbo in the past week-10 days, except to have it dyno'ed on Wednesday, and I decided to givr her a long overdue thrashing. But it wouldnt boost past 11 psi in 3rd and 4th gears. I filled it up on Thursday, and maybe it doesnt like the gas, or maybe its because its a very humid and muggy day today. But after beating it through the gears 3 or 4 times it was boosting to a solid 13, which is still a bit lower than usual, but it was better.

What gives?

·
Registered
755 Posts
For the most part, ECU's do have a learning curve, which gets reset when the battery is off for an extended time period. We have that problem sometimes at my shop. A customer will come back and say we screwd with their car, because it feels like it drives differently after their accident. The fact is, the ecu learns some. I think it is more noticeable on an auto though....drive it hard, it waits longer to shift, even when not WOT. When it comes to ECU learning your boost, i dont think so. Its possible thou i guess :?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
ON colder days, you tend to boost more than nomal. I would hit 11psi on my car when it was stock. I would never get more than 11.5psi. I twould spike up but thats about it.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
On colder days you boost more than normal? Do you mean hotter days?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Khryz said:
No,

colder days = more dense air = more power = more exhaust = more boost.

And knowing is half the battle (old GI-Joe quote from my JR. HS days. :) ) .

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Khryz said:
No,

colder days = more dense air = more power = more exhaust = more boost / CIVIC = You've been owned.

And knowing is half the battle (old GI-Joe quote from my JR. HS days. :) ) .

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I thought on hotter days it needs to compensate for the loss of power from the hotter air by increasing boost, and when it's colder out, it doesn't need as much boost so it drops it... ?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exhaust Depot said:
ON colder days, you tend to boost more than nomal. I would hit 11psi on my car when it was stock. I would never get more than 11.5psi. I twould spike up but thats about it.
I thought thats true in a MBC, or EBC controlled turbo, but I thought the ecu limits boost in our car when it was cold out, and increase it when its hot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts