Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason why I am asking is because of this quote from a competitor of Das Clamp. Das has an awesome rep on the forums.

"With ours, it will be 4 wires or 6 wires. We have a tip clamp intergrated with the clamp just incase you have an 05 and need to clamp the tip. I have them but I am out of stock and have more on the way (today supposedly). I will have a bunch more after this batch comes in as well."

Some people are complaining of adjustments to their clamp are not working, so maybe 05's require something diff?

Will having Stage 1 bypass this?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The 05s will read the tip sensor also so you will still get an overboost code with the 05 because you can NOT do the tip mod (simply unhooking it).

So yes the real way to rid yourself of the code is either
1) get a staged PCM
2) Clamp the MAP and TIP sensors

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
We have several 05's running upped boost and no problem with overboost code when MAP clamped.

If your having an overboost problem, and believe its your tip sensor, do Fades Tip Mod.

Its a hell of a lot cheaper.

TJ

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ahh Yes, Fades ghetto boost leak mod.. :gay:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Quicker10u said:
Ahh Yes, Fades ghetto boost leak mod.. :gay:
I love the guys like you who are saying its a lame boost leak.

How true it is that it is a boost leak.

Damn.. I wonder how many ponies I am loosing because of those little pricks?

Hell, your hot side pipe probably leaks worse than this mod.

TJ

·
Registered
499 Posts
TJ1376 said:
I love the guys like you who are saying its a lame boost leak.

How true it is that it is a boost leak.

Damn.. I wonder how many ponies I am loosing because of those little pricks?

Hell, your hot side pipe probably leaks worse than this mod.

TJ

A boost leak is a boost leak big or small. I believe that the best boost leak is none at all. Unless it's on your car when I'm running you, then hell the more the better.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am assuming you will not get overboost codes if you are running a Stage 1 PCM in an 05'.

My buddy noticed while adjusting his Map Clamp that it seemed to lean out for a run, and then the next run it would become rich again, so they would constantly fight with adjusting the potentiometer to see consistant results.

So maybe with the 05's the Das Motorsports Map Clamps will not work unless there is another wire connecting to the TIP?

I am confused.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the only reason PTP sells it as a MAP/TIP combo is because of the 05's. Just PM John if you guys really want to know.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
TNT said:
A boost leak is a boost leak big or small. I believe that the best boost leak is none at all. Unless it's on your car when I'm running you, then hell the more the better.
:jester: :jester:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Bflaker said:
I'm pretty sure that the only reason PTP sells it as a MAP/TIP combo is because of the 05's. Just PM John if you guys really want to know.
I wonder why Das hasn't invented a map/tip combo?

I bet he has dynoed a few 05's.

Why doesn't his buddy aaron or vector pursuade him to make map/tip combos? Hell, I guess they only have dynoed a few 05's.

Hmmm.

TJ

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
PTperformance sells a map/tip clamp. check it out, plus he's a great vendor to deal with :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
uncommon said:
PTperformance sells a map/tip clamp. check it out, plus he's a great vendor to deal with :thumbsup:
I don't think any of us were arguing that point.

TJ

·
Registered
171 Posts
TNT said:
I 2nd that.. :rofl:

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
TJ1376 said:
I wonder why Das hasn't invented a map/tip combo?

I bet he has dynoed a few 05's.

Why doesn't his buddy aaron or vector pursuade him to make map/tip combos? Hell, I guess they only have dynoed a few 05's.

Hmmm.

TJ
Because we sell a better clamp (true analog) that keeps a cleaner signal to the PCM. To do that it takes money to make a better part. They have dynoed many an 05 but they use the bleed or something else on the tip sensor or most of the cars have stg 1 in them. I have a clamp at a reasonable price and for anyone to make one better it might take loosing some money to get it similar to ours and sell them at a competitive price. I just have to get them in stock and keep them in stock so I can offer them to everyone on the forums.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
ptperformance said:
Because we sell a better clamp (true analog) that keeps a cleaner signal to the PCM. To do that it takes money to make a better part. They have dynoed many an 05 but they use the bleed or something else on the tip sensor or most of the cars have stg 1 in them. I have a clamp at a reasonable price and for anyone to make one better it might take loosing some money to get it similar to ours and sell them at a competitive price. I just have to get them in stock and keep them in stock so I can offer them to everyone on the forums.
Hey John, Why does having stage 1 make a difference. Does the stage 1 allow the TIP and MAP to be different without getting fussy about it? I have an 05' with Stage 1. Does that mean I could get away with just a MAP clamp and no TIP modification at all?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bflaker said:
Hey John, Why does having stage 1 make a difference. Does the stage 1 allow the TIP and MAP to be different without getting fussy about it? I have an 05' with Stage 1. Does that mean I could get away with just a MAP clamp and no TIP modification at all?

That is what I am wondering? Good question.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Bflaker said:
Pretty much... Stage 1 will eliminate the codes associated with the TIP sensor. So basically you can run with it on, or off (ED tip mod) and the PCM will not care. However if you were still stage 0 on your 05 the PCM WOULD care about the tip sensor and would throw a code about it and probably pull timing... This is why (on s0) you would need a clamp on both the map and tip.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
ptperformance said:

Define "cleaner signal" to the pcm(should i get my boots on for this or my waiters)

stage 1 doesnt use the tip

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Vector said:
Define "cleaner signal" to the pcm(should i get my boots on for this or my waiters)

stage 1 doesnt use the tip
Vector bud first off no hard feelings cause I got nothing against you. But for this discussion you better bring the boots and EE101 books.

Cleaner signal... Ehh hard to say, I agree cleaner signal doesn't really say much. But there are many many many a reason that the PTP clamp is better than the generic map clamp. Here is the main reason.

A much more important note about the signalling:
I will say it once and I'll say it again. The generic clamp actually loads (fights) the stock map sensor. The poor map sensor is trying to deliver 5v when you are at 18+ psi, and the generic clamp is literally saying FUCK YOU map sensor Im gonna take your output and connect it to ground. The map sensor is trying its HARDEST (ie. delivering MAX current) while the generic clamp is pulling it to ground. This is actually not really a good thing for the map sensor. This is also in part the reason you can't have a good voltage test wire on the generic clamp. Instead to test your clamp voltage, you have to either run wires through the cabin and test with a multimeter while boost over 18 psi, or you need to pressurize your intake system to over 18psi and while pressurize test the system.

Fast forward to the PTP clamp:
However the big thing is because the PTP clamp acts much different than the generic clamp it doesnt need to fight the map sensor either. Again it "reads" the input voltage, and provides its own output voltage. It does not load the map sensor like the generic clamp. Whats more, if you want to test your voltage clamp point, turn the key to the on position and go put a multimeter on the test wire. No need to pressurize the system, or run wires through the cabin to test while boosting.

On top of it you get a second channel (TIP) sensor clamp on the PTP clamp as well, and as a small side note the ptp clamp is also biased much better into the 2.5-5v range.

All around its a better clamp, irreguardless of 2 channel or 1.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts