Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there something visual that I can look for to see if this guy has a stage 1 on his car? Like a part# or something of that sort? He just recently got his car and thought it was all stock, but I looked at it today and it has a mopar bov, and looks like stage 2 wastegate. It's adjustable but it doesn't look like my AGP. So I noticed that it had a reflash sticker under the hood from a dealer and he was just wandering. I tried searching but couldn't come up with anything. Thanks.

Will

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
that pcm is stock....

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
because there are no flashes for Staged pcms.....if the car got a reflash it was to update the stock calibrations. ;)

Plus the other way you could check is by cycling the key in the ignition for codes...if you get a P0633 then its a Stage pcm

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks :thumbsup:. I'll have him try that. How long will that code show up? He's had the car for a few months but just recently fixed the tranny that's had him down for about two months. So if the battery had been unplugged will that not clear the code?

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
You can also look at the PCM itself. There will be a sticker on the pcm with the last 6 digits of the vin on it. The numbers will be written in black magic marker.

The flash sticker that was on it, could have been done to the stock pcm before it the stage 1 controller was installed. Most techs don't take the time to put the sticker on the pcm. Just under the hood somewhere.

Also i have stage one, and i dont get the skim key code. I programmed my skim code and it is no more :eveilgrin

NeonDan is right though, there is no flashes for the staged pcms, and if the skim code isn't programed that code will pop up. The car with crank on the staged pcms without the skim code. So people can just bolt it on and go without having to go to the dealer to have the code programmed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts