Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that dealers will put an adendum sticker on the SRT-4's? I used to be a car salesman and I've seen it one to many times when a hot product comes out. The dealer will put a $3000-$5000 adendum sticker on the car because of "availability." It's a complete BS move, but they get away with it. Share your thoughts......

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have heard that DC will not stand for this car being sold by a dealer over sticker, they made this car to be under 20,000 19995 to be almost exact. I dont know if I can say heads will roll if dealers mark these cars up but DC isnt going to be happy.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well, i can definitely see dealers doing this, cause alot of them are sleazy assholes. they will continue to do it until people start complaining to dodge, and hopefully dodge will be mad enough to actually give these dealers a call... but, who knows.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would tell your dealer that DC is going to be pissed, there is a number you can call I dont kow what it is ask around, where you make complaints about dealers, if you can catch them before they deliver SRT's they might not deliver any to this dealer, who knows its worth a shot. This pisses me off so much, PVO tries so hard to make the best car they can for 19,995, and they could ask for a lot more but they arent, and money hungry dealers try to capitilize off it. :oops: I think im going to be sick I hope they dont mark them up at the dealer I am buying at, I can afford 20,000 but if its a couple grand more im going to have to look for something different. My dealer is no haggle and the sales guy im working with has assured me that it wont be marked up so... all I can do is hope and pray for the best!!!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Unfortunately, if people will pay it, dealers will ask it.
Personally, I would never pay >= MSRP for a vehicle.
If I want one, I will wait for the "newness" to fade. :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Wtf! damn hozay how did you find this thread?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I saw 3-5K "Dealer Availability Adjustment" markups on new SRT-4's from day 1 over here in HI. I shit you not.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
A little wierded out at first there :lol:

When the EVO came out, all the dealers in my neck of the woods had a $5000 "market value adjustment" on them. I even saw one that still had the dealership window sticker from where they bought it up in Oklahoma, said $29,000....but end total was $35,000 down here in DFW. Nothing else "extra" on the sticker other than then the $5000 market adjustment and the usual delivery charge. Ya right! :flame:

I think the Prowler was supposed to be a $35-$40,000 car, but the instant markup made it sit around $60,000....which that car WAS NOT worth. Had it been around $35K, I think it would have sold.

The Lotus Elise got marked up about $5000 when it came out....I think the MSRP has since been raised about $5000....like $40K to $45K....still a badass car though.

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
halfhemi said:
I saw 3-5K "Dealer Availability Adjustment" markups on new SRT-4's from day 1 over here in HI. I shit you not.
They did the same thing here on LI, well atleast Neil Dodge was trying to. They wouldn't drop from $26,000 so I walked.

Some LI dealers are also doing this with Shelby Mustang. They are requiring a $20-$40k downpayment and selling them at $60k.

We'll see if these prices hold when they hit the showroom this summer.

·
Registered
526 Posts
When I went SRT-4 shopping I went to this dealership in Gardena. THey had to white ones, which is what I was looking for, and one had a sticker price of 21,295, which was MSRP, and the other had a "$3,000 Market Value adjustment." Now both cars where exacly the same base model. The salesguy didn't even know why one was $24,295 and the other 21,295. And no, it was not an ACR. But then again, when I was sitting in the floor, they had a commemerative edition Viper, white with blue stripes, and that went for like $80K and it had a $20K markup. DAmn $100K for the comm edition VIPER, damn.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Dude you guys have nothing on me. When I went to buy my 03 in July of 03 the dealership had my car marked up to 28,995 and it had 321 miles on it...LOL Of course I didn't pay that. I paid sticker for it and the erased 8k of negative equity on my trade in. Man it is nice to be an assistant golf pro and have something to seal the deal with LOL...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
15 Participants
valeriekay_2000
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing