Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of the people who refuses to remove the front brace. Does anyone make a IC that is slightly larger but still allows the brace?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
Spearco makes a bolt on direct fix unit, but any of the smaller units won't shoe nearly the gain on a larger unit. Its better just to get a large unit that works much better.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Spearco makes a bolt on direct fix unit, but any of the smaller units won't shoe nearly the gain on a larger unit. Its better just to get a large unit that works much better.
I know common sense would say bigger is better, but have you done any testing to compare the Spearco Direct fit to the larger ones such as yours?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The Spearco direct fit makes how much HP over stock? And the Monster SPearco makes how much HP over stock?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think it would be a good idea for some more vendors to start making direct fit intercoolers like spearco, as more and more owners are worried about safety and legality. You would probably make some good profit.

I'd like to have one that is direct fit like the spearco, but much better endtanks. Also costing a little less wouldn't be a bad idea either.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all
I honestly think I'll wait.
I want to get the Ntercooler sprayer and a bigger fmic. But for now I'll go with just the sprayer.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have been on this site for about 6 months now and I have yet to see a picture with an SRT with this direct fit FMIC installed. I have only seen pictures of the unit itself not on the car. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Perrin does, worth the extra money for your life

As I have posted this before, the perrin has a bar that comes with it. And I have heard someone say" but its not as strong as the factory one" I have 12 years autobody exp as a journey level tech... bullshit, its just as strong or stronger. The only thing you need to worry about is a way to lock the frame rails together. The factory bar is thin and designed to crush. It is a very bad idea for people to remove their bar completely, because in order for your car to crumple as designed the frame rails must have a x-member or as in our cars a bumper bar. Also if you remove the bar and you get into a collision there is a high chance the air bags won't deploy. In short if you remove your bar completely and you get into a front end collision your chances of injury or death are greatly increased!

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Ray,

off topic, but what kind of weight savings are you getting with the carbon hood/trunk as opposed to the stock ones? Have you weighed the difference?

Secondly, ON TOPIC...
AGP FMIC's, how much and where do you get them? Are they direct fit, do they bolt up with no modifications? does the hood close nicely or does it hit? etc.

thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts