Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is the place to post this but I am looking for stage 3 kit or the components. Yes I am willing to pay the price I just need to find a full one unmodified.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You will have to watch ebay and join the FB groups. Idk if I have seen on one here in the past few years. They do pop up from time to time online, generally needing total rebuild tho. There is one guy that deals w them often but they are expensive.

PS - little known fact you can still buy the manifold brand new from mopar. Its steep but they are on sale right now. Probably about to be discontinued and sold out just like everything else. P4510869 - MOPAR Exhaust | Mopar Parts Overstock

Good luck

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks man I was looking for the rail computer and regulator/fp is there a whole kit?
I guess im confused now lol Do you have the turbofold? Bc thats all that really matters. I did notice your first post said you will pay the price... my bad.

Yes, there is a whole kit but most isnt required these days - Mopar Staged Parts List

The fastest, "easiest" way:
*Locate a turbo and manifold
*Send the manifold off to have cracks repaired and/or seal the WG flapper to run a external WG (your choice if you run internal or external gate)
*Send turbo to someone to rebuild and/or make it a big wheel - Turbobay / Art Gennari
*Walbro 255 Fuel Pump - Modern Performance (Note- if you go e85 youll need a 450 pump)
*Fuel Pump Re-Wire - Modern Performance
*750cc Injectors - (Note - you can still acquire the original S 2/3 682cc Inj but a S3 really needs some larger ones to shine. If you go e85 youll want 1000cc+)
*Use a stock / 2003 / aftermarket fuel rail - (Stage 3 rail is only needed for use w 75psi fpr)
*Use a stock or Stage 1 PCM and contact a tuner - Duster360 / Dave T

If you run a S3 PCM and Toys you have two options for 75psi FPR - DCR now sells modded FPR's for stage 3 guys (Stage 3 FPR) or you can run a fuel return line, w a stock 55psi fpr, S3 rail and you can mimic it w the boost source. It is such a headache trying to piece it all together.... Im almost there tho! However, I would argue that a healthy Stage 3 on e85 is a monster to be reckoned with.

Youre best bet is save your money and have it ready, locate a whole kit together. Once its all ready youll need a upgraded clutch.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
All you really want is the turbo and manifold. You can do so much better with aftermarket stuff. If you want the dial boost junk, then yeah, you need the whole kit. If so, you need to have around 3-4k cash ready to spring.

Reactions: DarKKnight54

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to keep a stock Mopar approach to my mods. All mopar. I know ppl say it's stupid I could get more power but it's not about that to me it's about being on point with stock option srt4 Mopar mods. Kind of like a peice of history.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Ok, fair enough. If I see anything I'll try and remember to post it back here for you

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wanted to keep a stock Mopar approach to my mods. All mopar. I know ppl say it's stupid I could get more power but it's not about that to me it's about being on point with stock option srt4 Mopar mods. Kind of like a peice of history.
Totally understand that man and same here.Last 3 pieces I need are turbo rebuild, fuel pump and clutch. I stand behind having your money ready and watching ebay/FB.

If you score one, here is where you should send the pcm for VIN flash (You can get a Stage 2 pcm and convert it) - Neon PCM's Plus . If you are not sure if the pcm has stock tune or custom tune, he can re-write for you.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, fair enough. If I see anything I'll try and remember to post it back here for you
  • Thanks man 👍 jsut trying to do this clean srt4 right I'd love to get another and slap a zeta on it but this one I got at 41k miles no rust very clean car! If you go to Chrysler in Carlisle I'll be there. Thing still got the air box I only recently put on the Mopar tip exhaust and bov they are my only mods aside
  • Totally understand that man and same here.Last 3 pieces I need are turbo rebuild, fuel pump and clutch. I stand behind having your money ready and watching ebay/FB.

If you score one, here is where you should send the pcm for VIN flash (You can get a Stage 2 pcm and convert it) - Neon PCM's Plus . If you are not sure if the pcm has stock tune or custom tune, he can re-write for you.

Good luck
    Thanks to you too my stage 2 Ryan vin matched for me skim? Is that what its called? I am going to put the stage 2 kit on it and try to find a full 3 kit. Should have 4 or 5k saved next year I'd be willing to blow for one I really want an authentic stage 3 srt XD
  • from the catch can

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went the same route and I some how found a complete S2 with toys. No s3 but my wallet thanked me lol. The seller had every single component. I even put a stock air box back on. My mopar cai was causing turbo flutter.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The mopar s3 kits are amazing. I'm happy to see someone trying to go that route for their SRT. They were fantastic plug and play kits. You won't be able to find a complete kit new and complete used kits are next to impossible. You'll need to get a parts list for the kit and try to piece it together. Probably the hardest thing to find will be the wiring harness as most people cut them out of the cars when removing them. Modern Performance bought all the S3 kits and accessories from Mopar but they've since sold out of pretty much everything. You can try contacting them and they might have a lead on parts.

The recession in '08 put a full stop to all S3 kits from Mopar so they were rare to begin with. There were a lot of cool mopar parts for the car! I hope you can find what you are looking for!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts