Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just days after its debut, the new Charger Hellcat Widebody is being put up to a serious test.

Under the new Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody's fender flares reside wider wheels and tires than you'd find on a narrow-body four-door Hellcat. Those really improve the Charger Hellcat's handling capability, says Dodge, and where better to test that America's greatest hillclimb? That's right, the new Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody will run at Pikes Peak just days after it made its debut.

A mostly stock Charger Hellcat will run in the open Exhibition class this weekend at the famous Colorado mountain. Dodge and Michigan race team Wesley Motorsports—which paired up last year to run a Challenger Hellcat in the Pikes Peak Time Attack 1 class—fit this Charger with custom Bilstien shocks, upgraded Pagid brake pads and high-temperature fluid, and DOT-legal Toyo competition tires. To ensure safety, they also fit an FIA-spec roll cage, bucket seat and fuel cell, and to make sure the 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 works at high altitude, a new exhaust and an engine remap.

The car wears a very similar livery as the Charger Widebody concept Dodge showed off earlier this year, albeit with a few more sponsor decals. This is racing, after all. Randy Pobst will drive the Charger Hellcat at the hillclimb this weekend, while racer Kevin Wesley will campaign the time-attack Challenger from last year.

Dodge says this Charger Hellcat Widebody race car is a concept, but don't despair, because it likely wouldn't be hard to turn the production street car into something very similar. We applaud the person who does.

Similar Story: 2020 Charger Hellcat Widebody Revealed

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Jesus what an eyesore. Wonder when dodge is going to let that platform go. Isnt it like 15 years old now?

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Jesus what an eyesore. Wonder when dodge is going to let that platform go. Isnt it like 15 years old now?
why would they? they still sell the shit out of them. I like them, but i'm also one of those people who want them to bring the magnum back....

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Its like 1,000 pounds too heavy and 2 feet too big in every direction lol

·
Super Moderator
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish they'd redesign a smaller version of the Challenger with the hellcat engine, and call it the Plymouth Barracuda. They redid the trademark some 10 years ago, but never acted on it :(

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think it looks great. I'd buy one if I had the money. Too big or not, it's a great family car with more than enough power to have fun.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
I used to think the same thing until my son bought his Demon. It is huge and heavy, but still handles, stops and drives great for a street car. It accelerates like my Turbo Camaro with slicks on it almost with its stock tires on the street. I really like the car, and now I don't need to buy one, since he let's me drive it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts