Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some of you had seen that movie The Wraith. If not, you gotta check it out. Anyway, the car in the movie had an awesome sounding exhaust. Sounded like he had twin turbines. Maybe it was just audio effects. But how can one get that sound instead of the basic sound that most modified 4 cylinder turbo cars have ? If you could get that sound, that alone would turn more heads then anything else.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
It was a movie, with sound effects they could make the car sound like a harbour seal if they wanted to.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
PPG Dodge Turbo Interceptor / M4S / The Wraith
Best known for role in The Wraith, the M4S / Dodge Turbo Interceptor is in storage at the Walter P. Chrysler museum (Derek Beland). The pace car was built by Chrysler and PPG for $1.5 million, and six additional copies were made for the movie filmed in 1986 outside of Tuscon, Arizona, starring Charlie Sheen and Nick Cassavettes. The car was rear wheel drive, with the basic 2.2 block topped by a Cosworth 16 valve, dual-cam head and fed by Bosch fuel injection with twin turbochargers (John Abram Cargo). Road & Track claimed 440 horsepower, 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, and a 12.9 second quarter mile; the mid-engine design was loosely Daytona-based.

Four still exist; one is at PPG headquarters, one is in a museum. A kit car with the same basic look was made for a while, using a different engine. It was shown at the 1986 Chicago Car Show. Reportedly, a 600 horsepower engine was installed in one copy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sure some of you had seen that movie The Wraith. If not, you gotta check it out. Anyway, the car in the movie had an awesome sounding exhaust. Sounded like he had twin turbines. Maybe it was just audio effects. But how can one get that sound instead of the basic sound that most modified 4 cylinder turbo cars have ? If you could get that sound, that alone would turn more heads then anything else.
[/QUOyeah I agree I've been looking wanting same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts