Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone checked out the Dodge web site lately? When you scroll over the SRT-4 icon, it says "starting at $19,995". That's a change and a big one! No more "fastest car for under $20,000" anywhere on the site. They also give you an option to "build a car". As far as I know the only option available was side airbags and if you got those you had to take the regular Neon seats. I called my dealer and since I put a down payment on the car in December I will get mine for MSRP, hopefully next month. As for everyone just starting to look now, watch out! shock

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
price

You know, $19995 is still under $20k. :wink:
That's been the sticker price all along. I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I didn't see any new prices. The dealers aren't making much money on these cars either. My inside source claims invoice is 18,800. And the two cars they had sold for 21k and 25k, both yellow.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The invoice on the car is about $18,500 I think. Yes I agree, $19,995 is still under $20K. My point is they changed the language, it now says "starting at $19,995." As Communications Director for my company with 15 years experience in the business, I'm telling you this is the first step to raising the price. My gut tells me the 03's will continue to sell for $19,995. But the 04's will be going up. Dodge will be able to attribute the increase to improvements. We'll just have to wait and see how many improvements and how much it goes up. Either way, i'm still getting my 03 next month, I HOPE! D

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
those changes took place in early march. i checked the site multiple times every day searching for the slightest changes until i actually purchased the car.

$20,000.01 > $19,995

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Well invoice on the car is $18,605 and dealers also get something called "holdback." Holdback is used for advertising, cost of running a dealership, floorplan....etc. Holdback on this car is about $600.00 and seeing that they are selling so quick, the holdback becomes profit as well. The laguage is definitely going to change because the 04's are going to have a factory LSD. That alone is probably $1200 - $1500.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
do u think they did holdback on the srt-4 as well? or that it was even that much? i figured dodge knew the cars wld fly off the lots.

hmmm...bastards. i tried to get the sales dude w holdback when i was purchasing too. i didnt know what the holdback was, tho. or even if there was any on the srt-4

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I used to be a car salesman and I can tell you that EVERY car has hold back. I used to sell Lincoln, Mercury, Ford, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, and Chevy.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
hemidakota said:
Do you still sell cars?
No, I decided to back to school ang get an education. I now work for an Environmental Engineering firm doing CAD (computer aided drafting) and I am the Network Admin. for our office.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
good for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts