Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dodge just call one of my friends who just bought a 2003 viper srt-10 (he had the car for 2 mounths and really enjoyed it) and sait theres a trouble with a batch of vipers and his car is included...we live in canada near montreal...anyway his car missed 25 hp and will be taked on a truck to the dodge garage for the vipers...they refound him 500$ for the trouble (a viper sells for about 127000$ plus taxes here in canada...Anyway just taught i let you know :(

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
That is not the first time I have heard about Vipers being a little down on hp. I would be pissed if I spent that much cheese on a car and had that happen to me. :evil:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
but atleast Dodge is taking care of it. Vipers are built in such low number minor glitches can be handled quickly and inexpensively

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Yeah, it's not like when SVT totally dropped the ball on the Cobra, and they had to put off producing a whole model year

·
Banned
178 Posts
The problems with the vipers were: During standard dyno testing, PVO engineers found that our SRT-10 engines built between mid January and early March (about 250-275 delivered SRT’s) were assembled with intake valves that did not receive the specified intake valve machining, resulting in a potential loss of about 25 horsepower. Have no fear as a Customer Satisfaction Program has already been initiated! In the meantime, it’s important for all to understand that this in no way affects the safety, durability or reliability of their SRT’s. Dodge will expedite servicing all affected vehicles as quickly as they we can. possible.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I don't mean to be an ass, but is simple English grammar to much to ask for? Your posts are giving me a headache.

-faast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.