Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Cliff, Mopar Now, there are some changes to the SRT-8 package deal.

The SRT-8 will be supplied with the new Hemi V-8 6.1 ltr engine vice the Hemi 5.7. However, you can still buy the Magnum wagon with the 5.7 version but not with the Whipple Supercharger. More of a in between the bottom wagon and the SRT-8 version.

The SRT-8 will have over 400 HP and 450 plus lbs of torque. It will be mated with the the next generation heavy duty 5-speed automatic.

The pricing is south of 30K but close to it.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Just south of 30K??? That's damn cheap for 400+ hp!! They still talking AWD? Maybe PVO just kicked the STi and Evo in the teeth!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Re: Update to Performance (factory rating)

hemidakota said:
Another update on factory testing:

PERFORMANCE (Supercharged): 0-60 MPH - 4.7 sec
1/4 Mile - 13.4 @ 103mph

ref: http://www.e55amg.homestead.com/magnum.html
uh oh... here come the sti guys. "it may be faster, but we have a rally history!"

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

lifeisdeath said:
hemidakota said:
Another update on factory testing:

PERFORMANCE (Supercharged): 0-60 MPH - 4.7 sec
1/4 Mile - 13.4 @ 103mph

ref: http://www.e55amg.homestead.com/magnum.html
uh oh... here come the sti guys. "it may be faster, but we have a rally history!"
Uh yeah another fine straight line car brought to you by DCX. Seriously, I'd be VERY surprised if that pig could/can handle.

-faast

·
Registered
48 Posts

Slow5OH said:
Uh yeah another fine straight line car brought to you by DCX. Seriously, I'd be VERY surprised if that pig could/can handle.

-faast
Just because it's large, doesn't mean it can't handle. Just look at the BMW M5 or (believe it or not) the Intrepid R/T.

Would the SRT-8 out handle a STi? Doubt it. Would the SRT-8 have a better power to handling ratio than a STi? Could be.

There was a test done by C&D which included a Mustang Cobra and a Mazda RX8. The RX8 could out handle the Mustang no problem. The Mustang could out power the RX8 no problem. However, the lap time for the two cars were about even.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if they are still on-track to offer a blown 6.1L? The wife needs a new car... it's embarassing having a GM product in the driveway. :)

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
McGuireV10 said:
it's embarassing having a GM product in the driveway. :)
Those '91 and '92 Z28s are pretty sweet looking.
From '93 on up, the Camaro lost all of the looks.
(An LT1/LS1 in your '91 would be a killer combo.)

As for the SRT-8, if they put a 6.1L Hemi into the
beast and can price it at $30K, I am already sold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thehemi said:
Those '91 and '92 Z28s are pretty sweet looking.
From '93 on up, the Camaro lost all of the looks.
(An LT1/LS1 in your '91 would be a killer combo.)
Yeah, my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek. I always liked the earlier "boxy" models, too, so I figured I might as well buy one soon. 91 was really the last year of the true IROCs, and in IROC terms this one is fairly rare ("only" 5600 made... not quite as rare as my Viper, but hey, it's no cookie-cutter Vette, LOL).

Thanks for the SRT-8 info. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (Of course, I had big hopes for the Power Wagon, too... and the prototype Charger... oh well...)

·
Registered
390 Posts
If this thing is 30g then sorry guys I love the SRT-4 but that SRT-8 is mine. I love mopar, no other car co has the balls to make what they are. :oops:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Checking In

I am seriously considering this beast. I really think Chrysler/Dodge is on the warpath and expect the SRT-8 will only bolster Dodge's image.

You guys think they'll have the stones to blow this engine?

·
Registered
678 Posts
The 6.1 and HEMI 10 are unconfirmed right now, but expect some kind of announcement with in the next year or two, good or bad. The 5.7L is capable of 400hp from the factory NA and HEMI 10 mules are running around the country with 700hp and should debut when they unveil the viper coupe. The 6.1 is a bigger displacement of the 5.7L just not sure if it's bored or stroked, more then likely bored. If it's stroked though expect a taller deck height. The block on the 5.7L has pretty thick cylinder walls a.k.a. easily bored. So expect 426 HEMI's showin up from the aftermarket with dual plugs. ;)

so there is NO chance these engines will be screwed.

The cars use E-class mercedes technology in the rear and IFS, with mercedes ESP traction control thats toned down so it's less intrusive. So it's going to handle better then you think despite it's size and weight.

I fully expect a PVO blessed chrysler 300C sedan to compete neck and neck with the new BMW M5 in luxury and performance.

the rumored charger...well thats another story about a vette killer...:banasex0r:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
18 Participants
ebbtide
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing