Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Daimler-Chrysler:

"Four Wheels Go Six Feet Under as Two American Families Bury Their Vehicles in Front Yards
Los Angeles and Philadelphia Families Put Cars to Rest in Exchange for All-New 2005 Dodge Magnum RT

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jul 21, 2004 - Some people place classified ads. Others trade in their family vehicle. But what do two whacky families from the City of Angels and the City of Brotherly Love do to replace their cars? They bury them in the front yard."

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Silly! Why would anyone need to photochop the guys wife or a woman into this benign picture especially since they are just average citizens. What would be gained by that? What would be gained by faking the woman - she is not doing anything extraordinary.

I guess that shovel with a shadow is just holding itself up. This may also make it to a TV spot.

That is the family from Philadelphia. The west coast family will appear later due to the 3 hour time difference.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Ok...I found it.

Four Wheels Go Six Feet Under as Two American Families Bury Their Vehicles in Front Yards
CHRYSLER GROUP DODGE 'BURY YOUR CAR' CONTEST
The Dooner Family of Philadelphia buries its 1997 SUV in their front yard during a mock funeral for the vehicle on Wednesday, July 21 2004 in Morton, PA. The family buried the vehicle to "Rust In Peace" in exchange for a new Dodge Magnum RT as winners of Dodge's "Bury Your Car" contest. (Photo by Matthew Peyton/Getty Images for Dodge). (PRNewsFoto)[AS]
NEW YORK, NY USA 07/21/2004 134047-0400

Los Angeles and Philadelphia Families Put Cars to Rest in Exchange for All-New 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AUBURN HILLS, Mich., July 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Some people placeclassified ads. Others trade in their family vehicle. But what do two wackyfamilies from the City of Angels and the City of Brotherly Love do to replacetheir cars? They bury them in their front yard. (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040721/DEW004 )

Today, the Rosenfelds in Hacienda Heights, Calif. (Los Angeles), and theDooners in Morton, Penn. (Philadelphia), buried their respective vehicles -- a1998 Toyota Camry and 1997 Mercury Mountaineer -- tail-side-up in their frontyards to show the world how much they wanted an all-new 2005 Dodge Magnum RT.

As winners of Dodge's Bury Your Car contest, the Rosenfelds and the Doonersbid farewell to their family vehicles in a mock funeral with pallbearers, aprocession and a tombstone bearing the fateful inscription "Rust In Peace."In June, Dodge asked entrants why they wanted to put their vehicles to restand offered winners an all-new 2005 Dodge Magnum RT in exchange.

"The Dodge Magnum is the new shape of American muscle with its bolddesign, HEMI(R) V-8 engine, rear-wheel drive and unique tailgate opening,"said George Murphy, Senior Vice President, Marketing - Chrysler Group. "As wedemonstrated today, the Dodge Magnum will bury the competition with itsexceptional combination of style, performance, handling and versatility. Weare thrilled to present the Dooners and the Rosenfelds with the all-new 2005Dodge Magnum RT, and allow them to experience the unparalleled power of theHEMI."

About The Contest

For a one-week period in June, Dodge called upon Los Angeles County andPhiladelphia County residents to take part in the ultimate swap and bury theirvehicle in their front yard in exchange for an all-new 2005 Dodge Magnum RTwith a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine. Ads featured in the Los Angeles Times andPhiladelphia Inquirer directed readers to http://www.buryit.com where theycould enter for a chance to win the new vehicle. The contest includedsubmitting an essay on why the entrants believed they should win the chance tobury their vehicle in exchange for the new 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, as well as aseries of questions about physical size/shape of residence, location ofresidential utilities, topography of entrant's front yard and current carmake/model. More than 250 Los Angeles County and 100 Philadelphia Countyresidents entered.

About The Families

The Rosenfeld family includes Tim and Lorri and their two kids, Alison,18, and Doug, 14. "When I read about the Bury Your Car contest I was blownaway," said Tim Rosenfeld. "I've been a car enthusiast since the tender ageof 13 and have not come across another American car that has the performancecapabilities and pricing options of a Dodge. My wife and daughter love theDodge Magnum's styling, the space is fantastic for driving my son and hisfriends back and forth to baseball practice, and I personally can't wait totest out that HEMI-powered engine!"

The Dooner family includes Maureen and Bill and their two kids, Anna, 1,and Will, 5. "When I read about the Bury Your Car contest I thought it wasthe perfect gift for my husband -- a fantastic dad," said Maureen Dooner."The Dodge Magnum allows my husband to drive around with the kids, whileenjoying the sportiness and pep of a HEMI engine. We quickly kissed our oldMountaineer goodbye and grabbed our shovels. We can't wait to pile our familyinto the Dodge Magnum and hit the road in style."

About Dodge Magnum

The Dodge Magnum is an all-new, boldly styled, muscular vehicle thatdelivers performance and smart space to fit today's active lifestyle. Themost powerful vehicle under $30,000, the Dodge Magnum RT (suggestedManufacturer's Suggested Retail Price $29,995, including $625 destination)features a 340-horsepower HEMI V-8 engine and rear-wheel-drive architecturefor a package with proportions unlike any other vehicle in the marketplace. All Dodge Magnum RT models feature 18-inch polished aluminum wheels, dualexhaust, performance disc brakes, fog lamps, leather seats and a BostonAcoustic Premium Sound System with six-speaker 288-watt digital amplifier.All Dodge Magnum vehicles also feature an all-new short and long arm (SLA)front suspension system combined with a new five-link independent rearsuspension to provide excellent handling and a comfortable ride. The Dodge Magnum RT boasts smart space with an "extreme access" tailgatethat opens to reveal a versatile cargo management system and exceptionalstorage capacity. The vehicle also features a towing capacity of 3,800 poundswhen properly equipped. Dodge Magnum is built at DaimlerChrysler's Brampton, Ont. (Canada)manufacturing plant.SOURCE Chrysler Group

Web Site: http://www.media.daimlerchrysler.com
Photo Notes: NewsCom:
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040721/DEW004 AP Archive:
http://photoarchive.ap.org PRN Photo Desk,

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Hi, Just found this Forum and want to say that is myself and my wife. No chopping just burying Mountaineer and getting free MAgnum R/T in return.
WOW! I can't believe you found this two year old thread and posted here. Did you google it or what?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts