Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sponsorships help get the name of the company out into the public. I think it depends if you are going to do a partial or full sponsorship to how much it will help your company. Once your name is out many people will want to get sponsered. Are you looking to sponsor a car ?

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
I've never been sponsored, but I have to agree that it helps the company. I know I've seen websites on cars, or at least just the name of the company on a car and researched/went to the website. Heck, I just found makeitmopar.com the other day somehow (prolly a banner on top of this site) and was amazed by the pricing (practically what I get with my dad's employee discount:wah?!: ) So either way, I think sponsoring is good for both the sponsored person AND the company, it gets your name out there.

btw, nice site, I LOVE how the parts are divided up, it's perfect. :hi:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some good points. Your correct about employee pricing. Employees of Chrysler/Dodge only get 10% above cost on Performance SRT4 Parts. Makeitmopar.com offers the parts to our customers at 5% above cost.
Damon
Makeitmopar.com

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
being sponsored has its up and downs......on my R/T i had a few corporate sponsors....

the pros....car shows are covered and mostly all expenses are taken care off when u go to these shows, cost of replacement parts are DIRT chep..... :thumbsup:

the down side
-travelling 1/2 way across the country
-attending each and ever single show you are scheduled to
-making sure that you get into a magazine
-WINNING - if you dont win they dont like that
-making sure that NOTHING happens to your car

dont get me wrong being sponsored has its ups but once u get going there are more downs than ever....with my old R/T i was scared shitless to drive my car....as i knew if i drove it and ANYTHING happened to it i would be screwed....

there are really no partial sponsorships anymore.....if you want to get sponsored a full sponsorship is the way to go...and many people believe that if you have a stock car a company will sponsor you....you have to pour the money into your car BEFORE a company will give u a sponsorship...and a well laid out presentation will also work wonders

here are some pics of my R/T...oh and BTW thanks alot guys for putting up my SRT on your page :thumbsup:

http://www.trademotion.com/sfimages/214096/contentimages/SRT4 GRAY CARBON B.jpg

my r/t coming back from the Toronto International Auto show

taking the car out in the middle of winter (yes i washed the car right before the trailer came) in WINTER :flame:

my car at the Hankook tire booth

at the Mitsubishi Lance Raliart commercial (hated this 13 hours i waited with my car for them to complete the commercial)

this was the worst one...in a shopping mall...all these little runts came up to the car and tried to get into it

at the skydome when there was that big power outage :flame:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Car looks nice!

Sponsorships definitely have the pros and cons...I have been determined to build my car myself without sponsorships just so I wouldn't have to deal with the bullshyt. But now I'm starting to put together a proposal cause I need to save up for a wedding and a house and shyt like that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sponsorship

I'm impressed with the car. The paint looks great. The stadium shot is something else.
Interesting perspective kaminarineon. I don't believe I really thought about the amount of money that some sponsors might throw at a vehicle. I looked at is as more of a casual thing. I pictured multiple sponsors being involved, and no particular sponsor having a large investment in a vehicle. I did not see the sponsor as really having any control over the vehicle. If the car owner happens to go to a car show, and they have a sponsors sticker on it, then fine.
Of course the best part of the deal is the fact that you piece together a nice ride. I would be curious to know how long the sponsor/car owner obligation usually is.
Good Insight.
Damon
Makeitmopar.com

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Im willing to be sponsored:jester: ....Im about done with my BS degree in CJ this month and will have time to travel:thumbsup: .....But I wouldnt even know what to do to get sponsored....

Diller

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
MAKEITMOPAR.COM said:
I'm impressed with the car. The paint looks great. The stadium shot is something else.
Interesting perspective kaminarineon. I don't believe I really thought about the amount of money that some sponsors might throw at a vehicle. I looked at is as more of a casual thing. I pictured multiple sponsors being involved, and no particular sponsor having a large investment in a vehicle. I did not see the sponsor as really having any control over the vehicle. If the car owner happens to go to a car show, and they have a sponsors sticker on it, then fine.
Of course the best part of the deal is the fact that you piece together a nice ride. I would be curious to know how long the sponsor/car owner obligation usually is.
Good Insight.
Damon
Makeitmopar.com
My experience has been a 1-year renewable sponsorship, but that could change depending on the level of sponsorship.

Car sponsorships are generally about the company sponsoring and what the car (and its owner) can do for them. If they're going to put money/product towards your vehicle, they're going to want a certain amount of exposure in return. Only very rarely is it quite as casual as what you're thinking, Damon. And on the VERY rare occassion, and company will approach an individual to try to get their product on that particular car. That's pretty rare, though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

We've had a few people ask us about sponsorship,but we haven't really considered it. We just aren't at that point yet. It just appears to be such a big part of the SRT4 community.
Like all of the input.
Damon
Makeitmopar.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Currently we are not sponsoring anyone, and do not have immediate plans for sponsorship. However this is something which we could possibly consider in the future. Nice to see that there is interest.
Thank You,
Damon
Makitmopar.com

·
Registered
134 Posts

HERE ARE MY MODS ==========>
Performance Mods:
AGP 50 Trim Garret T31 Turbo
AGP DogBone Motor mounts
AGP Solid Transmission Mount
AGP High Strength Motor Mount Bolt Kit
Mopar Stage 2 w/o Toys
Mopar STS
AEM CAI (Chrome)
MSD Red Spark plug wires
MSD Coil
NGK Iridium Spark plugs
MPx UDP
Mpx FMIC
MPx 60mm TB
Exhaust Depot Hard Pipes
HKS SS BOV
TurboChargers Wastegate
GReddy Catch Can
APEXi Turbo Timer ( silver )
APEXi SAFC ( black)
Nitrous Express Ntercooler Sprayer Setup w/ 10lb. Bottle
Perrin Soft Pipe w/ HKS Flange
GReddy Boost Controller
RC Engineering 750cc Fuel Injectors

Exhaust:
MPx 3" Turbo back exhaust

Suspension Mods:
Eibach Pro Kit springs
MOPAR Front Steel Strut Bar
MOPAR Rear Steel Strut Bar

Rims:
KONIG ( front )
Nitto NT450 225/50/17 ( front )
Stock Rims ( rear )
BFG KDW 205/50/17 ( rear )

Interior Mods:
Chrome Charger SRT Grille Emblem
Dakota Digital Odyssey Series II Vacuum/Boost Gauge
MOPAR EGT Gauge
MOPAR Oil Pressure Gauge

Exterior Mods:
Carbon EFX Silver Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon EFX Silver Carbon Fiber Trunk ( not installed )
MIST Motorsports Custom Fog Covers
UG Tinted Headlamps
UG Tinted 3rd Brake
UG Tinted Sidemarkers
UG Tinted Tail Lights
UG Tinted Fog Lamps
Silver Star Headlamps

·
Registered
800 Posts
you can't just sponsor anyone though... you have to sponsor the right person. if you want to get your name out and you invest alot of money into a vehicle you would expect them to go to shows. i lost my sponsorship with extreme dimensions when i went to iraq because to their standards you have to go to a car show (depending on your sponsorship lvl) two times every six months. and you had to put a vinyl/decal of theirs on the vehicle for commercial. it was very hard being in the army to go to car shows as often as that and when i went to iraq they revoked my sponsorship. so you can't just pick anyone and everyone ... you have to get that specail someone that is motivated enough to go to car shows and to show off the car and the merchandise that you are trying to sell. another thing is the car. you can't just choose any car either. you can't go out and pic a little 86 civic hatch and expect to sell parts and make it look good. you want to pick a car that everyone likes and that everyone wants and make that your specail car to sell merchanise. the way extreme dimensions did it was you had 3 stages of sponsorships and the stage one was you get 25% off whatever you are trying to buy and you have to go to car shows 1 every 6 months. stage 2 (mine) you got i think it was 45% off their products and you had to go to car shows to times every six months. and stage 3 (full) is everything is free but they pretty much own your car and you have to go to car shows as often as possible... pretty much making your car your job. so it's hard to sponsor people and i will admitt it sucked hen i lost my sponsorship because it was probly the best thing i've had.. but i didn't have the sponsorship on my SRT4 i had it on my 96 prelude which i traded for the SRT4. but thats my input on sponsorships.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts