Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. to make a long story short.. i was at work.. and a red srt drove by.. and im like damn... i cant wait to get that car.. and like 4 ppl from my work kept on saying its just a neon.. why would you want a neon.. i just wanted to beat them up.. all of them. :buah: . i like tried talking to them and explaining that its a very nice and fast car.. and they just kept on saying its a neon.. i tell them it can can put up a fight with sti's and evos and they are like hell now.. bla bla bla.. so imma bring them some videos tommrow.. but anyways.. that pissed me off... and i dont even have a srt-s... ever happened to you??

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
Technicnally it's a neon....People ask me what car I have, I tell them a neon, because it is. ;)

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
I wouldn't bother with other people's ignorance, get's you nowhere. I'm willing to be that if you show them some vids. they will make up b.s. reasons for why the other car lost to the srt.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm a college kid and I just purchased a black '05 and it will have mopar cat-back and cat-delete when I pick it up (that's beside the point, I know, but I'm pretty pumped). Anyway, most of my trendy college buddies drive 4 door cavaliers, buicks, beat up jeeps and the like and they still talk crap on the srt4. They go into the "its still a neon" crap and it bothers me. I have pretty thick skin, and pretty quick hands I might add, and i still manage to get pissed at times. They are just ignorant so I don't take it personally. I feel it is my duty to change their minds by giving them a ride in the car. They will no longer think "its just a neon", but instead "its just a very fun and fast neon." That is good enough for me. We will forever live with the ignorant and clueless so we have to accept that. There will always be the "there is no replacement for displacement" junkies, the f-body fanatics and what not. That we cannot change. I try to have fun with it though. I will try to educate the clueless by stomping on their pride with my 4 cylinder "neon."

·
Registered
721 Posts
I never really got offended when people asked why. I just have a sly smile and say it's "just a neon". Forget the haters. I can realistically compare our cars to the old cudas or roadrunners. Cheap and fast. People only start respecting when you put them in their place.

The thing is also to know where you are on the car food chain. Don't bite off more than you can chew. WRXs, S2000, Redlines, Cobalt SS...all dead (we're talking stock vs stock). The ones you need to look out for are the M3s, STis and Evos.

The beautiful thing is...knowing that some morons are paying up to 40k for an STi (NEVER pay more than MSRP!!!!), I don't have a problem knowing I'll get beat by a car that is only 1 second and 13-20K more than I payed. Do you realize what you can do with 13K in an SRT? Hell, 5K will get you better than even! I payed 18.8 for mine new, my best friend picked up a repo 04 SRT for 10K.

...I don't worry. I just know what the car is capable of.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
You wanted to beat someone up because they called it a neon? It is a neon, and you apparently need some anger management lessons.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My girlfriend has to defend my car at her work, apparently a 9X v6 mustang, a NA 91 300zx, and a 98 Honda DX with a SI swap are all going to own me. :jester:

·
Registered
78 Posts
HaloBreaker said:
My girlfriend has to defend my car at her work, apparently a 9X v6 mustang, a NA 91 300zx, and a 98 Honda DX with a SI swap are all going to own me. :jester:

That right there is classic.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i dont care anymore.......not like it was hated on badly but i had the"y did u pick this car not something else" i tell them how i can beat a bunch of cars with mine...not trying to be cocky at all but just saying how its fun one u have one......the funny thing is that when u drive a lot of people with sti's and evo's stare and check the whole car out WHY???? because they know it can be quick and/ or beat them....if someone tells me they want to race me i tell them strait up (if they seem ot have a quicker car)....ur going to beat me so its its pointless for me to race.....obviously we drive a neon and people with evos drive a lancer so who cares...let them talk.....get one and make them look at the srt-4 in a different way...guarantee you that they will after seeing some numbers or wins.....

·
Registered
403 Posts
i live in a city where everyone needs a BMW, Lexus Merc, or Audi, or Infiniti to be cool.

I roll in my neon, shows character, shows true appreciation for automotive fun, shows that i am poorer... but i really could care less, its fun, and its my therapy.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
i thought this was funny:
i overheard while driving to pick up lunch, a man saying to his son or some teenager "hey thats a nice car" pointing at my srt-4. His son proceeded to look at my car and say "yeah right!" in a sarcastic manner. I was offended. I was thinking "fuck this guy, what does he drive? A fucking evo or something? Bring his fucking evo! We'll see whats up! And then i remembered, people are douchebags. I quickly put it aside me and enjoyed my lunch.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i tell them its a srt 4 then there like oh i never heard of it then i say its a neon with a turbo pretty much is.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
spcforker said:
If you tell somebody ist's an SRT-4 they jus look at you and go HUH? :huh:

Happens to me all the time i go back to galveston tx on leave...ive gotten this a few times "hey thats a pretty cool bodykit you got for a neon..where did you get it?" and i just say.... :wah?!: "umm....it came with the car."

·
Registered
221 Posts
lol thats awesome,old guys i run into go "is that one of them neons" ..."does it come with that big fin",im like "yep,srt-4s come with that big fin"...neons are awesome,hahaha

·
Registered
303 Posts
sqcomp said:
The ones you need to look out for are the M3s, STis and Evos.
M3 drivers will tell you that it's a drivers race. Remember also drivetrain loss, STi's and EVO's aren't nearly as dominating from a roll. I took a stock '04-'05 STi by a length a few months ago.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts