Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a random pointless latenight thread.... but i think people can sympathize with me. So my girl friends complain that they are going to puke after about 15mins in the srt.,ok so obviously it has to do with driving but I think its a combination of things:
1/ i dont slow down for corners
2/ i accelerate at WOT unessasarily
3/ the exhaust is louder than an average car
4/ tire noise
5/ rear headrests are hard as hell... so a few bumps and the passengers are almost KO'd :cowtongue

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
you want to take advantage of your passengers dont you.......you sick little monkey

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
My wife feels like puking eveytime she is in the car, and I do not do any of the things you do... with people in my car

·
Registered
452 Posts
LOL...I agree totally
My roommates HATE to ride in my car with me for all 5 of your reasons...But there all the reasons I love to drive my car everyday

·
Registered
597 Posts
wow thats freaking crazy my girl and i just argued about that not too long ago!!! she was complaing she felt like vomitting... she said it' was from the way i shift.. i dunno i think i drive normall but i also got 7 speeding tickets so whats my word worth ahahah

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
So far just about all the passengers I have had have complained about getting sick. My sister in law ever threw up once when we stopped. Strange! I have never had any problems as the driver :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's quite interesting....i've never had anyone complain about getting sick in my car.

I guess i just have to try harder :eveilgrin

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
When my mom had to drop her car off to get it fixed, I had to pick her up from the shop and she complained the whole time she was in the car. But no one else complains.

·
Banned
40,227 Posts
I have no complaints from my passengers....because I never have any. :rofl:

That's what I bought a minivan for. The SRT is for me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
haha thats funny, my wife HATES riding in my car especally when she rides in the back seat. Says she is going to puke all over the place. I think its the tire noise. She says she feels like she is riding in an air plane.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sounds like those of you with sick passangers need to learn how to drive. It is your driving, not the car that is causing this. You are not smooth on the throttle or the brake. You may think you are, but that's because you have the steering wheel to brace yourself, and you know your driving so you know what to expect. Also, try to have fresh air circulating while driving w/ these passanger.

I have had this sick feeling while riding passanger with other people in many different vehicles in the past. It's not the car, it's the driver. They all had that same jerky driving style. I discovered this years ago as my dad is one of those kind of drivers.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Wow , my wife always falls asleep after 5min in the car , she says its the viper seats . Are all your exhausts stock ?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
one of my friends gets sick in my car......usually because of the harsh ride caused by the springs, hammering the gas in 2nd gear, not braking around turns, and having a dump exhaust + gutted interior = nice exhaust fumes....lol

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
apexcrazy said:
Wow , my wife always falls asleep after 5min in the car , she says its the viper seats . Are all your exhausts stock ?
my gf always falls asleep too......and my car is loud and bumpy as hell :zzzz:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I myself start to feel sick while driving, but i think its becuase i have this thing about if i dont have fresh air or cant hear it coming in i start to freak out alittle. goes away after i open the window alittle. no idea why im like that though. happens all the time when im in car, if all the windows are closed i start to feel sick alittle, but once i get the chance to semi open a window im all good. doesnt matter where i sit. ohh i cant sit in the back seat of cars for trips over 20 mins ill puke, car sick i guess.

·
SRTforums Veteran
9,870 Posts
Nobody gets sick of riding in my car, but I do sometimes feel sick riding in other SRT4s. I think its because they drive them like girls.

·
Registered
77 Posts
turbonyg said:
Sounds like those of you with sick passangers need to learn how to drive. It is your driving, not the car that is causing this. You are not smooth on the throttle or the brake. You may think you are, but that's because you have the steering wheel to brace yourself, and you know your driving so you know what to expect. Also, try to have fresh air circulating while driving w/ these passanger.

I have had this sick feeling while riding passanger with other people in many different vehicles in the past. It's not the car, it's the driver. They all had that same jerky driving style. I discovered this years ago as my dad is one of those kind of drivers.
I'll have you now I'm a very smooth driver. As are a good majority of the rest of us. In fact people comment on how smooth I manage to make the ride. It's a scientifically proven fact that certain noise frequencies acting upon the inner ear of people can affect thier bodies in very different ways. Anyone who has tried to listen to thier stereo while expierenceing a change in altitude (be it going up or down a very steep long hill) can attest to the phenominon. The mid to high range of the music either becomes very subdued or overwhelmingly loud. So in some cases, more likely with ths particular car than others, the exhaust, tires, or even the sound of wind buffeting can have adverse effects on how people feel.
But hey... if wanna claim you are the best driver in the world and shun simple laws of physiology and physics all the power to you my friend.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I never said I was the best driver, statements like the following and others doing the same lead the the caused issue more than harmonics would be my guess. The below is the lack of smooth driving and inconsideration for your passanger.

five-0 said:
1/ i dont slow down for corners
2/ i accelerate at WOT unessasarily
5/ rear headrests are hard as hell... so a few bumps and the passengers are almost KO'd :cowtongue
So we have 2 reasons for why this could be happening. In my personal experiences, it has always been the driver. There driving = same motions as required for "sea sickness". So basicly, I am just saying that you can't always blame the car.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts