Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I have a 05 I am just wondering do I need to get stage 1 to get away from part throttle over boost and over boost codes or is there a better way around it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
there is a way around it.......ive done it.... just kept throwing codes....i bought stage 1 no codes and a little bit of difference in power...plus with the stage 1 u can up the boost a little bit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
just go stage 2 u can get the parts cheap stage 1 is ok i have it its only good for clearing codes and not throwing em either
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,779 Posts
LILJNTUCSON said:
ok I have a 05 I am just wondering do I need to get stage 1 to get away from part throttle over boost and over boost codes or is there a better way around it?
Depends on what you mean by a better way around it.

You can reroute the vac lines which will minimize ptb and do fade's tip mod if you are an 05 or pull the red line and cap the intercooler nipple if you are 03-04.

Better? You decide. Cheaper? A lot. Which means more money for other parts.

petemac said:
plus with the stage 1 u can up the boost a little bit
Well with the exceptions of the 03s, the stage one still uses the stock map sensor and fuel injectors. So if you mean up the boost a little from stock, yes, but you can do that with stock pcm. If you mean up the boost a little more than what you had with the stock pcm, then not really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
175srt05 said:
LILJNTUCSON said:
ok I have a 05 I am just wondering do I need to get stage 1 to get away from part throttle over boost and over boost codes or is there a better way around it?
Depends on what you mean by a better way around it.

You can reroute the vac lines which will minimize ptb and do fade's tip mod if you are an 05 or pull the red line and cap the intercooler nipple if you are 03-04.

Better? You decide. Cheaper? A lot. Which means more money for other parts.

petemac said:
plus with the stage 1 u can up the boost a little bit
Well with the exceptions of the 03s, the stage one still uses the stock map sensor and fuel injectors. So if you mean up the boost a little from stock, yes, but you can do that with stock pcm. If you mean up the boost a little more than what you had with the stock pcm, then not really.

Okay, when you say reroute the vaccum lines...are you talking about this way?:

WGA to Turbo
BOV to TB
Remove Black line from intake and cap off everything up to the check valve.

Have to keep Red/white lines. But isnt that the way to reduce PTB?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
dvoratexn said:
175srt05 said:
LILJNTUCSON said:
ok I have a 05 I am just wondering do I need to get stage 1 to get away from part throttle over boost and over boost codes or is there a better way around it?
Depends on what you mean by a better way around it.

You can reroute the vac lines which will minimize ptb and do fade's tip mod if you are an 05 or pull the red line and cap the intercooler nipple if you are 03-04.

Better? You decide. Cheaper? A lot. Which means more money for other parts.

petemac said:
plus with the stage 1 u can up the boost a little bit
Well with the exceptions of the 03s, the stage one still uses the stock map sensor and fuel injectors. So if you mean up the boost a little from stock, yes, but you can do that with stock pcm. If you mean up the boost a little more than what you had with the stock pcm, then not really.

Okay, when you say reroute the vaccum lines...are you talking about this way?:

WGA to Turbo
BOV to TB
Remove Black line from intake and cap off everything up to the check valve.

Have to keep Red/white lines. But isnt that the way to reduce PTB?


run 1 line wga to turbo
1 from bov to tb.


remove red, pink, blue, green, 2-3blacks.
if 05, keep the whiteline. you might be able to get by w/o the red. if not. poke 3 holes in white.
if you can get away w/ no redline, try pulling the white as well. if you get driving issues, over richens, worse mpg, or all together runs shittier, then put the white and red back in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
christian! said:
dvoratexn said:
175srt05 said:
LILJNTUCSON said:
ok I have a 05 I am just wondering do I need to get stage 1 to get away from part throttle over boost and over boost codes or is there a better way around it?
Depends on what you mean by a better way around it.

You can reroute the vac lines which will minimize ptb and do fade's tip mod if you are an 05 or pull the red line and cap the intercooler nipple if you are 03-04.

Better? You decide. Cheaper? A lot. Which means more money for other parts.

petemac said:
plus with the stage 1 u can up the boost a little bit
Well with the exceptions of the 03s, the stage one still uses the stock map sensor and fuel injectors. So if you mean up the boost a little from stock, yes, but you can do that with stock pcm. If you mean up the boost a little more than what you had with the stock pcm, then not really.

Okay, when you say reroute the vaccum lines...are you talking about this way?:

WGA to Turbo
BOV to TB
Remove Black line from intake and cap off everything up to the check valve.

Have to keep Red/white lines. But isnt that the way to reduce PTB?


run 1 line wga to turbo
1 from bov to tb.


remove red, pink, blue, green, 2-3blacks.
if 05, keep the whiteline. you might be able to get by w/o the red. if not. poke 3 holes in white.
if you can get away w/ no redline, try pulling the white as well. if you get driving issues, over richens, worse mpg, or all together runs shittier, then put the white and red back in

yeah, ive tried removing red. threw a code. and yup, did the tip mod. I need to poke one more hole, i throw a code in 4th gear at about 4K rpms. But other than that, i havent really experienced much ptb. I guess the vaccum line setup i started out with was perfect:michelinm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dvoratexn said:
christian! said:
dvoratexn said:
175srt05 said:
LILJNTUCSON said:
ok I have a 05 I am just wondering do I need to get stage 1 to get away from part throttle over boost and over boost codes or is there a better way around it?
Depends on what you mean by a better way around it.

You can reroute the vac lines which will minimize ptb and do fade's tip mod if you are an 05 or pull the red line and cap the intercooler nipple if you are 03-04.

Better? You decide. Cheaper? A lot. Which means more money for other parts.

petemac said:
plus with the stage 1 u can up the boost a little bit
Well with the exceptions of the 03s, the stage one still uses the stock map sensor and fuel injectors. So if you mean up the boost a little from stock, yes, but you can do that with stock pcm. If you mean up the boost a little more than what you had with the stock pcm, then not really.

Okay, when you say reroute the vaccum lines...are you talking about this way?:

WGA to Turbo
BOV to TB
Remove Black line from intake and cap off everything up to the check valve.

Have to keep Red/white lines. But isnt that the way to reduce PTB?


run 1 line wga to turbo
1 from bov to tb.


remove red, pink, blue, green, 2-3blacks.
if 05, keep the whiteline. you might be able to get by w/o the red. if not. poke 3 holes in white.
if you can get away w/ no redline, try pulling the white as well. if you get driving issues, over richens, worse mpg, or all together runs shittier, then put the white and red back in

yeah, ive tried removing red. threw a code. and yup, did the tip mod. I need to poke one more hole, i throw a code in 4th gear at about 4K rpms. But other than that, i havent really experienced much ptb. I guess the vaccum line setup i started out with was perfect:michelinm


ok so can i stay stage 0 do the tip mod and get a safc and a aem uego and be good or should i end up getting stage 1? oh and another thing i have the mopar bov aka rice plate how would i run the lines with that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,779 Posts
LILJNTUCSON said:
ok so can i stay stage 0 do the tip mod and get a safc and a aem uego and be good or should i end up getting stage 1? oh and another thing i have the mopar bov aka rice plate how would i run the lines with that?

No you'll be fine without s1. Make sure to get a wideband with that safc and you'll also need a tach driver.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295846 for your vac lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you very much for all your help I have had the agp wga since feb and have not put it on because of the codes for the 05's. One more question what all do i need to get to install the wga like do i need lines or what and if so what size and if anything else i need please let me know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh and one more thing will i be ok to do this without having the safc and the wideband for now untill i get them and will i need to upgrade my plugs and wires before or will i be ok for now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
LILJNTUCSON said:
oh and one more thing will i be ok to do this without having the safc and the wideband for now untill i get them and will i need to upgrade my plugs and wires before or will i be ok for now?

For the WGA, you dont have to use any additional vaccum lines, the green one that's already on the turbo works great. its what i used. and you wont need the wideband and safc until you start upping the boost past 17-18 psi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,779 Posts
LILJNTUCSON said:
thank you very much for all your help I have had the agp wga since feb and have not put it on because of the codes for the 05's. One more question what all do i need to get to install the wga like do i need lines or what and if so what size and if anything else i need please let me know
It would be helpful to buy a vaccum line so you can run a line from the back of the turbo (where the green line was) to the wga (where the black line was).

To prevent the overboost code (p0234) try fade's 05 tip mod. (click here)

Also, the heat shield might be a pain. I like to put some pb on the bolts and let it sit for a minute or so. Then all you will need is a 10mm wrench and socket and maybe some extensions. To take the stock wga out, there are 2 12mm bolts holding it in along with the clip on the flapper.

I would say the heat shield is the hardest part. As far as the vacuum size, if I recall correctly, it's 7/32.

LILJNTUCSON said:
oh and one more thing will i be ok to do this without having the safc and the wideband for now untill i get them and will i need to upgrade my plugs and wires before or will i be ok for now?
Yeah. Keep the boost around 17psi. Make sure your boost gauge sits at 0 when your car is turned off.

The stock champions are fine as a plug. To prevent spark blow out, I recommend you gap them down to .032-.036.

Remember with an aftermarket wga, to not go WOT until 3,000rpms, either go full throttle or nothing (no 3/4 throttle half assin it), and try to keep ptb low.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top