1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
what are the long term results of a catch canless society

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
A bunch of oil in your Throttle Body, intake manifold. Over time, will gunk up.. and other things down the road.

·
Registered
376 Posts
so we'd have to buy a new car in a few yrs

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See thats how I'm feeling too, if its so important then why didnt anyone ... ANYONE! whether mopar or aftermarket come up with this holy grail catch can.

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
running without a catch can probably won't mess things up TOO much (decreased performance over time, maybe decreased engine life, etc), but its still not good to have all that oil goin into your engine. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The Green Guy said:
See thats how I'm feeling too, if its so important then why didnt anyone ... ANYONE! whether mopar or aftermarket come up with this holy grail catch can.
Holy Grail/ There are lots of these out there - ever hear of Greddy?
:tongue: :frogtongu :deadcow:

·
Registered
564 Posts
The million dollar question most disputed then... Catchcan on the pcv line or the air make-up line that goes to the airbox or both?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Catch can on pcv - breather on air inlet on valve cover(with in line can if you chose).

FINAL!

There are lots of posts - but check romans - he has written extensively and can say it all better than I. - Read his posts on hte subject.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm gonna go the opposite way - my catchcan got a couple teaspoons of oil in it after the 1st 2k miles, but since then not more than a drop has accumulated in the last 3k miles. I'm going with the thesis that the seals needed to set-up right and everything is settled down now after 5k and it's not needed. (but that doesn't mean i've removed it :lol: ) haha

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
yarbsea said:
I'm gonna go the opposite way - my catchcan got a couple teaspoons of oil in it after the 1st 2k miles, but since then not more than a drop has accumulated in the last 3k miles. I'm going with the thesis that the seals needed to set-up right and everything is settled down now after 5k and it's not needed. (but that doesn't mean i've removed it :lol: ) haha

Interesting...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts