Dodge SRT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I personally, as in my opinion, don't like the trim dressing's or Back to Black all that much. I hate that it tends to "drip" or "run" when it gets wet. In my case I washed car, waxed, made it all pretty then applied Back to Black. Next day it rained and had that oil streak look going on. I thought I used it spareingly too. I noticed it more on my truck as there was a whole lot more surface area on the mirrors and bumper trim. Any one else see this?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I've always used leather dye - it lasts for months on end!! I'll try that magic eraser, tho!!

does that work on the trim on the b pillars, too?? or is peanut butter still the best option for that?? :intrestin

·
2011 Calendar Car, SRT of the Month
17,938 Posts
No, ME won't for the B-pillar trim :/

The best option is really to paint them. But that does take a good deal of prep work.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Wiggy- any way to rattle can them? I hate to use it, but that's about I have available. Local junk yard has a Neon, anyway those pop off? If so I might grab them to practice on or have painted than swap.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
They are held on by two plastic straps that slide into the door sheet metal (look like a zip strip) with teeth, they are hard to remove with-out breaking

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm about to head to heb to get the magic eraser. The grey moldings look like crap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey im new but ive actually had this discussed this on my forum, getting a heat gun would get the trim back the the original color. the trim doesnt melt the heat gun just burns it and it looks really good. there is a video on youtube showing it also

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just took a some black spray paint for plastics and it worked just as good and it holds just take some news papers and painters tape looks good as new and it lasts!!!

·
2013 FF Pizza League Champion
10,991 Posts
I used the heat gun on mine. It worked and looked good, but now they look worse than before and the Back to Black didn't do anything with them yesterday. Glad I wandered in here before I decided to paint them. Going to try the magic eraser.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I used the heat gun on mine. It worked and looked good, but now they look worse than before and the Back to Black didn't do anything with them yesterday. Glad I wandered in here before I decided to paint them. Going to try the magic eraser.
^^^ This. Just noticed today they are bad. Huh... what to do now.

Also decided to vinyl wrap the pillars. Gonna do that this week hopefully.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm just going tO mask them off and paint them with some semi gloss black high heat engine enamel...that way I won't have to keep using the magic eraser over and over...for some reason the magic eraser doesn't work for me...

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.