Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weird Q. i love the oil psi guage but its TO BRIGHT AT NIGHT!! lol i got it turned down all the way but its still to bright, im about to get it tinted lol is there any way other than tinting it to get it to go dimmer? daytime its on 5 and night it on 1. is there anyway to get it to go dimmer with out having to tint it or anything?

thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
Seclipse said:
weird Q. i love the oil psi guage but its TO BRIGHT AT NIGHT!! lol i got it turned down all the way but its still to bright, im about to get it tinted lol is there any way other than tinting it to get it to go dimmer? daytime its on 5 and night it on 1. is there anyway to get it to go dimmer with out having to tint it or anything?

thanks
I'm with you on that... I'm getting it tinted as well.

Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is something they've heard from many others especially people who have the gauges on pillar pods and very sloping windshields (so it's right in their face). They recently started modifying the firmware to adjust this and call it a "dimmer dimmer". The highest brightness is still the same but the lowest level is much dimmer than it is now. So far they released the boost gauge with this new code and no problems reported, but they're in the process of converting other gauges. When ready you'll be able to have the firmware upgraded on your gauge.

·
Registered
783 Posts
vgauges said:
This is something they've heard from many others especially people who have the gauges on pillar pods and very sloping windshields (so it's right in their face). They recently started modifying the firmware to adjust this and call it a "dimmer dimmer". The highest brightness is still the same but the lowest level is much dimmer than it is now. So far they released the boost gauge with this new code and no problems reported, but they're in the process of converting other gauges. When ready you'll be able to have the firmware upgraded on your gauge.
And so when I go in to have my windows tinted in two days... you're telling me that I shouldn't just have them put a small piece of film over the gauge?

Dave

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how will this firmware be upgraded? i take it we will have to send in our guage correct? and will it cost us anything?
thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have no idea what tint will do, if it will work or if it will cause any problems or affect the warranty. so I cannot recommend it.

To upgrade to something like this, yes you'd have to send it in and I doubt there would be any cost other than shipping.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any word on when they will be doing the fix for the dimmer? its really annoying me to the point that im about to remove it from my car and i really dont want to cuz i love these gauges. let me know asap
thanks
shawn

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't followed up on this but thanks for the reminder. I just checked with VEI and they do have this implemented already for ALL gauges. :clap: I just checked the firmware version on some of the gauges I have here in stock and they are the new dimmer dimmer version that vei says. :thumbsup: So if you want an upgrade just send the gauge in to VEI and they will upgrade it to the new firmware at no charge. :thumbsup:
Vic.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet, gimmie a adress and what to include to get it upgraded. and we are only responsable for shipping to them not back to us correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts