Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SRT is having a problem in which the dash lights, clock, boost gage and head lights are diming (I did not try the dome light which I will tonight) when the car while its being driven and even while its idle. The engine and the radio itself is not losing power at all. The car starts and runs fine. The dealer is telling me nothing is wrong, which I do not believe.

I did a search before posting this on electrical and diming problems which has turned up members having mods on the car. Only mods I have on the car is a rechip which was done 2 years ago and a 3" pipe which is almost 3 years now. This problem only started about a month ago.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sounds like a loose ground. If the car starts fine repeatedly I would say its not a battery/alternator problem. If its just a few lights and not a lot of accessories it would almost have to be a ground!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KPierson, I'll take a look at that tonight and see if it works.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The hard part will be finding where your dash lights are grounded. There is most likely a common ground point somewhere for your dashlights either behind the dash or in the drivers kickpanel area somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts