Dodge SRT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
wtf, But according to Bernouli's law air flow through a divergent duct, diffuser, slows down and increases in pressure.
Im thinking youve got that backwards my friend. Bernoulli's Principal can also be referred to as the venturi effect. As you compress a body of moving air it must speed up(to a point) in order to get through. By cleaning up the bottom end of a car, any car, you not only reduce the induced drag of the bumper cover catching air, but parasitic drag as now the air can move freely...faster. And you know that faster air is lower pressure air so the higher pressure on top of the car would push it down on the ground.

·
Registered
818 Posts
damn i am stoked to make some of my own of these. What is Aluminum sheets selling for these days? I just need to find some friends that have some tools to help me fab this stuff up. Only problem is i still run a single exit rear exhaust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
RallySRT thats the sweetest fukc!n diffuser I have yet to see... I wanted to purchase one from carbon by design until I saw this one... makes me wanna say F' that and make my own just like yours... though I do not have the time nor the skill to do so.... What really sold me was the side pic someone took from what it looks like the stands... someone needs to make a few rear diffuser's just like that and sell me one!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Darksyde is making these for purchase!!!! and they will probably come powder coated!!!

Last time i talked to him about it he showed me his CNC cut diffusers they were BADASS!!!! and as soon as he cuts another set they will be on my car!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
So who would like powder coated diffusers??? maybe even color matched??

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'll take one... I got money for some more goodies! are they gonna be similar to the ones on the White SRT in the pictures... I can see the front will also help as a splash shield for the CAI... I really love the way the rear diffuser looks... if you can have him make anything similar to that... im sold!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
you should really provide a pic if you're gonna say someth'n like that,....there's a lot of doodes on here that'd probably be willing to help ya find a work around.

I mean, the main thing you're try'n to prevent with the diffuser is the "parachute effect" cause by our bumper, right?! so either incorporating the muffler into it or just building around it (as it's already blocking a substantial portion of the "parachute effect" would probably work quite well. :intrestin

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll see if I can get a pic up, I'm currently in Afghanistan right now, but I may have one somewhere on my hard drive. You may be onto something about incorporating the muffler into it. Time to brainstorm and hit the photoshop

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got a couple ideas now, and I think once I'm back in the states I can definitely work something out. It just took a little outside encouragement, thanks :) Once I get one built I'll be sure to post up some pics

41 - 60 of 78 Posts