Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
bump for a good read.

I remember when manny z first released the pics of his diffuser. i started to fab one up out of cardboard, to help make a jig for mine. I never did finish that.

Manny, are you still making those?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Sweet mine works!!!

Sweet than mine is functional and not just good looking :thumbsup:
I do know that the back of my deck is cleaner, is that scientific proof :jester:

-Slyder

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
diffuser info

No problem on the info. I figure that there is quit a few of you out there interested in this. So I figure I will post this link. The guy that wrote it helped me with the final design of the rear wing I had made for my car.

As in functional, the only way you could know this for sure is, 1 you put the car in a wind tunnel. 2 you put the car with the aero part on it, on a CFD program.
At least look at it this way, you made the effort of covering up that parachute back there. Just by doing that I am sure your fuel milage has gone up quit a bit.

No I am not making any of my parts right now because I am deployed. When I get back home, I might consider making a few of the latest design I have on my car.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
when ya comin back? might be interested in purchasing if you are interested in making again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dec

when ya comin back? might be interested in purchasing if you are interested in making again :thumbsup:
I will be back in Dec, I hope.

I have been comunicating with a few of my contacts about making these, and few of my other parts. Of course i will be posting up with updates as time gets closer for me to come home.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
diffusers

APR Performance - Diffusers

The portion about the diffuser being angled at 10 degrees is pretty important.
Good catch but, there are way to many variables to just say any car has to have it at least 10 deg. You have to look at car it is on, what other aero is the car using, what ride the car is, and what kind of track is the car going to run on. If you had ever had the chance to look at an open wheel car, you will see that the rear diffuser is adj.

If you look for the book titled RACE CAR AERO DYNAMICS, by Simon Mcbeath. This is where a lot of your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ok so can these be bought yet? or are they going to be made in the future and how much would they go for? Cause this is just what i think our cars need with the rolled bumper to fix that ugly back end. I have a CTI side exit and I want to seal up the back to help a bit with gas mileage on my trips from VA to NH. Not to mention help handling.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Manny, I remember seeing some pics wayyyyy back in the day of the first design. Do you have any pics of the lates one?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
'The key role of the diffuser on a modern racecar is to accelerate the flow of air under the car, creating an area of low pressure, thus increasing downforce.'
wtf, But according to Bernouli's law air flow through a divergent duct, diffuser, slows down and increases in pressure.

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
379 Posts
Just thought i'd throw up these pics. I was bored one weekend and had a full sheet of aluminum kicking around. It seems to be quite functional, cost very little and wieghs very little.

I don't own a camera, so these are the best pics I have.

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
379 Posts
Thanks, and I did build it in my driveway, not on a hoist. The car is just up in the air to be gone over and bleed the brakes for a time attack event. I'll post some front splitter pics when I get some. Maybe even a pic with me standing on it.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts