Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my LED Tails in the other day (thank you, Hak). How difficult is it to replace the stock tails? I took a quick look at the trunk and it didn't look bad at all. But I want to make sure there aren't any special tools I may need or any PITA bolts to get at. I want to do this with the 2 hours of daylight I have left this evening. I just don't want it to be like doing the Mopar Blue-plate. The tails themselves look incredible :thumbsup: I'll be the envy of Central Florida. I don't think anyone in the area has them. I've only seen the Mopar-Euro style.

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Glad they arrived safe and sound and your pleased with them. :clap:

I believe its a 13mm (could be wrong) to remove the little plastic "nuts" that screw onto the tail lights' "posts". Its very simple to remove and reinstall them. Should only take you about 10 minutes total time.

If you have the Kicker system your going to need to remove the torx bolt from the mount that holds the amp/sub in place. Its locatted up top and on the quarter panel. I can't remember which size of torx but you'll need to remove that to gain access to removeing the driver side tail light.

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you have the kicker sub in the trunk there is a torx screw that needs to be removed, but other than that it's just 2 plastic interior pins, and 3 nuts that needs to be removed per tail light. 2 hours should be plenty of time.

errrrrrrrr haknslash you type too fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts