Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

First of all to the moderators if i could have your Co-Operation and have this thread stickied for 1 - 2 weeks at the top of the thread that would be greatly appreciated.

as some of you know im having problems with my warranty with DCX becuase of Stage 2 Upgrade.

I will be making a big deal about this but I need all of your help along with it im going in with alot of AMMO and hit them hard in one shot.

If your intrested in helping out please Private Message me Your Full Name thats Registered on the Vehicle with DCX, City, Your VIN# and a brief detailed description regarding the problem you had with DCX.

I will be adding this information to a list that will be attached to a letter that will be forwarded to The Owner of Cooksville Dodge, DCX itself, CAM VAP and Peter Silverman at City TV has already been contacted by me in regards to this Problem we are having as SRT-4 owners. Peter had notified me that he likes the idea and respects the fact that Sport Compact tuners like ourselves are being mislead by the information that Mopar, DCX and the Service we have all had at our Local Dodge Chrysler Jeep Dealerships.

Your Involvement is greatly appreciated, I won't let you all down, I will keep you all informed. I have and will take the initiative to do all I can to make something happen and make a stink about it.

I will start a list as well:
1. Mike Peart "Garlond" 2004 SRT-4 "Lifter's, Transmission; hard time because of Stage 1 upgrade"
2. Derick DaCosta "2PorkChop4U" 2004 SRT-4 "Engine Failure; voided warranty caused by Stage 2 Part Apparently"

Thank you,

Derick DaCosta

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had my Warranty voided on one of my past cars. PT 2.4 Turbo

The engine and turbo failed... so they said i would be recieving warranty. They then COMPLETELY DISASSEMBLED the engine after 2 weeks. At which point they contacted me and said my warranty was now void because i had a BOV, AFTER MY CAR WAS IN PIECES!!! Of course i then had to pay for...
1) my rental car (3 weeks)
2) retarded amount of labour
3) all the parts (including a new short block)

I was told that once i payed to have this done (ie. put back to "stock", STILL WITH THE BOV) that my car would be placed back under warranty. 3-4 months later i went in to Ontario Chrysler for a PCM recall, and was told by the Service Advisor that i had a "P09 restriction- Engine & Power train"... basically i was lied to by the dealer that "fixed" my PT...

PART BLAMED: aftermarket BOV (Turbo XS RFL-H)
DEALER: Mills and Hadwin

If you search the archives, i'm sure my post is still in there.

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
derrick - I would suggest to unsticky that..

bc I can PROMISE you 85% of the ppl NEVER look at the stickies

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rich i think you should stop typing...

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
derrick,

there's no need for you to be an asshole. Im only trying to help you out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i look at stickies..

anyway kinda back on topic..

Any update on whats being done or are u still trying to get more people.. cuz i haven't had my warranty voided..

I also understood that warranty being voided was kind of a misinterpretation of what it really meant. How warranty work would not be done if a problem was proven to have happened due to an aftermarket part. BUT, if there was something else messed up that was TOTALLY unrelated, regardless of what the BOV caused.. that warranty work could be done.

·
Registered
845 Posts
i had my whole motor replaced after 10,000kms from it burning oil and then grenading. had the motor replaced under warranty with more hassle than i wanted. after over a month of them fucking around i finally get my car back and when i returned about a belt squealing they told me cause i had a mopar BOV installed i had no warranty anymore cause of it. was also told by the owner (thompsons in kingston) that he doesnt want to see me or my car in their ever again. i also picked the car up drove it to the car wash cause they left grease prints all over the fenders and dirt all over the car. when i started to wash the car i noticed that the pass headlight was cracked. i brought it back in and told them that i drove to wash my car and noticed it. they told me that they would look into it. one service advisor told me they never did a post inspection before i picked it up. after 6mths of screwing around the service manager retired and i called about seeing what was going on and cause he retired they told me that they thought it was resolved with him and hung up the phone. so needless to say i had to buy a new headlight that they busted and got told to go screw myself in a nice way.

i wish there was a way to get these pricks for acting like this, i even put in 3 complaints to chrysler about them harrassing me about my car and telling me never to return again. not very good customer service.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ok I got a good one for all of you. My car has a oil leak. It is not leaking on the ground it is just leaking all over the oil pan lower mount etc. It is also leaking out of the upper charge pipe for some reason. Also I think one of my rod bearings is shot cuz it is making this crazy ticking sound when I acclerate. My car has 51,000 on it. It is a 2004 ya I know I drive alot. So I call the dealer and tell them I was gonna do an oil change but when I got under the car I noticed oil every where so I wanna bring it in for service. I told him I didnt do the oil change when I noticed this cuz I figure that they might have to drop the oil pan. He says "oh do you always do your own oil changes?" I said ya and I write in a maitence log every time I do one and record the mileage. I do an oil change every 4,000-5,000 kms. He says well I dont think it will be warranty cuz Daimler Chrysler doesn't like warrantying anything that could be caused by work done outside a dodge dealer. So what he was saying is instead of spending $45 or so bucks to do my oil change I have to make an appointment and go down there and pay upwards of $85 bucks for them to do it! So I'm gonna see how this pans out. I have an appointment on monday. If this isn't warranty I am going to make such a fuss it wont even be funny. I have taken pretty much all my mods off my car. The only things left on is my Tein springs, Needswings V5 e-cutout, Mopar BOV (blue plate), and the mopar motor mount inserts. I am also thinking about taking out everything in the engine bay that has to do with my aftermarket alarm which is pretty much just the siren. But I will keep you guys posted on what happens.

-Kevin

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
i bought my SRT4 used with 20 000km on it. when i bought it i paid something like a 1000 for an extended 8 year 140 00 km warentee. i took it in for a problem when it was at 61 000. and nothing was covered under warentee anymore. they told me i only paid 400 bucks for a powertrain warentee. so i got screwed there....

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ok so the stealership told me its a broken rod. Now they are trying to get me to sign some paper that states they can open my engine but when they do if they discover its not warranty I have to pay for all the work that they did.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I had my 04 SRT4 at Eastway Chrysler in Scarborough a few weeks ago due to a battery problem. If the car sat for a few days the battery would die. I was always hesitating to take the car to the delaer because of the mods done to the car but finally got fed up and took the car there. The replaced the fusible link and battery under warranty without even a peep about my mods.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,916 Posts
asylum said:
I had my 04 SRT4 at Eastway Chrysler in Scarborough a few weeks ago due to a battery problem. If the car sat for a few days the battery would die. I was always hesitating to take the car to the delaer because of the mods done to the car but finally got fed up and took the car there. The replaced the fusible link and battery under warranty without even a peep about my mods.
Consider yourself lucky... I've heard of people getting broken power window motor repairs turned down because of a CAI.

·
Registered
90 Posts
WPGSRT said:
Ok so the stealership told me its a broken rod. Now they are trying to get me to sign some paper that states they can open my engine but when they do if they discover its not warranty I have to pay for all the work that they did.
What dealer did you take your car to?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mopar-or-Nocar said:
WPGSRT said:
I took it to eastern chrysler on main. They said that the shop time to disassemble the engine is 5-7 hours which is $500 to $700 bucks. Now they are saying that the car may have broke due to a change in back pressure due to my dp.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,916 Posts
WPGSRT said:
Mopar-or-Nocar said:
WPGSRT said:
I took it to eastern chrysler on main. They said that the shop time to disassemble the engine is 5-7 hours which is $500 to $700 bucks. Now they are saying that the car may have broke due to a change in back pressure due to my dp.
I think they have a standard list of excuses about why shit breaks. It goes something like this:

1) "If the sucker, I mean customer, has an aftermarket exhaust, tell him that the change in back pressure caused the problem and their warranty is voided."
2) "If the sucker, I mean customer, has a BOV conversion tell him that it caused and overboost situation and their warranty is voided"
3) "If the sucker, I mean customer, has a CAI tell them that the extra "cold" air caused the pistons to freeze up and that is the reason the car runs poorly and their warranty is voided"
4) "If the sucker, I mean customer, has ever had the car washed with anything other than the approved Mopar soap, they have obviously neglected the vehicle and their warranty is voided"

I can do this for hours, but you get the point.

·
Registered
90 Posts
WPGSRT said:
Mopar-or-Nocar said:
WPGSRT said:
Wow thats some b.s. Don't let them screw you over.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Awwwww what a pain in the ( Y )!!!! Well they pretty much told me that it isnt going to be warranty cuz I do my own oil changes and I am not an approved dodge technician. What bs I hope they subscribe to the Winnipeg Sun and Winnipeg Free Press cuz they are gonna be in it! I have some luck though. One of my buddies that I use to work with owns 4 SRT 4's that are all written off. So he is gonna do an engine swap for me for approx $1500. Which includes the engine and labour so thats not to shabby! But ya I am going to make sure that everyone that owns a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep doesn't go to Eastern for any warranty or even service work.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts