Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a trip for easter in my car yesterday that included me, my wife and daughter, and a neice and nephew. I had to park about 10 feet in some grass when we got there. When leaving with everyone piled in and a/c on, trying to reverse I had to rev the engine much higher to get it to go, so I ended up slipping it alot for that 10 feet in the grass. Today it felt as if when going from a stop the clutch chadders some. Not real bad, but noticeable. Maybe its me, but it seems worse in reverse. Will it return to normal, or did I glaze it and screw myself?

Please, I need to know!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*BUMP*

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
stevessrt said:
Was it real hot? AN do you have motor mounts insalled?

If YES AND YES,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cali said:
stevessrt said:
Was it real hot? AN do you have motor mounts insalled?

If YES AND YES,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Do you mean the car was hot, or the day itself? The car was cold, had not been driven for about 5 hours, and no, I do not have the aftermarket mounts in it.

E

·
0 Posts
If you glazed your clutch with normal driving it should return to normal when you wear it down back to a normal rough surface.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I think it is back to normal. 'glazing a clutch' means when you slip it alot, like I did with the car loaded up with 5 people, a/c on, trying to get it moving on grass, the clutch overheats slightly causing the clutch plates to create a hard top layer over the clutch pads. This causes the clutch to be grabby, and somewhat studdery when you are letting it out, making the car kind of jumpy when moving from a stop.

I think this is more or less correct

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exhaust Depot said:
You have to do 6000RPM dumps to get it back to normal.
My clutch may return to normal, but I think that would glaze tires!! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts