Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was up at Boost Performance in Suwanee, GA today and kind of on a whim I had them dyno my SRT. I've got a bone-stock (well...window tint :lol: ) '04 with ~2400 miles. They've got an in-floor Dynojet; I don't know if it compensates for temp/humidity but my guess is that it was about 80 degrees and a 2000' DA. Moe, the guy I was talking to, mentioned they had seen a stock '04 put out almost 250hp to the wheels. I didn't believe it until...

Run 1 (3rd gear): Max Power = 267.95 Max Torque = 294.06 :readclose
Run 2 (3rd gear): Max Power = 266.82 Max Torque = 290.67 :readclose
Run 3 (4th gear): Max Power = 260.36 Max Torque = 291.56 :readclose

Over 260whp/290tq? Stock? This seems unreal to me; I wouldn't have believed it except I was right there watching and they did it three times and then handed me the printout. Anyone else have similar dyno results?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Corection factor they applied likely ownes you on this one...2000 feeta bove sea level you said correct?
Chances are VERY good they applied a bogus correction factor, if I were you I would go back to the dyno shop and ask for the uncorrected numbers on all runs :).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Me too.....

I was at Boost Solutions this morning & couldn't believe my numbers either. But, the uncorrected numbers only dropped the hp by 6 hp. I'll scan & post the sheets tomorrow, I also have video.

My results were:

Run 1 (3rd gear) >> Max power 298.31 Max torque 316.68

Run 2 (3rd gear) >> Max power 301.11 Max torque 313.03

Run 3 (4th gear) >> Max power 284.75 Max torque 321.87

What's everyone's timing at full boost? Mine's going no lower than 15-17 deg.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
1. there dyno is off
2. there correction factor is off
3. both.

neither of those cars are make that kind of hp. both seem to be over by 20-50hp. most stock 04 dyno around 230hp and 260tq and most with the simple intake,wga,mbc and exahast usually dyno around 260-270 hp. 290-300tq.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My dyno chart....

Here's my dyno chart... The graph is right...HP = Torque * RPM/5252. The graph agrees, it's not a correction factor error. The only way that it can be wrong is if the torque measurement is wrong...that's how everything's calculated. It seems wrong to me....I guessing it's 30-40 hp high. Any dyno experts out there have any opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
they're picking up 50 hp on intercooler sprayers in texas so maybe they have some primo chill fans?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
man I got stage 1 and injen intake today, my best run was

225.1 hp and 255.2 tq

then again the temp was 106 and the humidity was 82%...

Still, I gotta raise the bs flag on that accuracy of this dyno.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Turbopilot said:
So I was up at Boost Performance in Suwanee, GA today and kind of on a whim I had them dyno my SRT. I've got a bone-stock (well...window tint :lol: ) '04 with ~2400 miles. They've got an in-floor Dynojet; I don't know if it compensates for temp/humidity but my guess is that it was about 80 degrees and a 2000' DA. Moe, the guy I was talking to, mentioned they had seen a stock '04 put out almost 250hp to the wheels. I didn't believe it until...

Run 1 (3rd gear): Max Power = 267.95 Max Torque = 294.06 :readclose
Run 2 (3rd gear): Max Power = 266.82 Max Torque = 290.67 :readclose
Run 3 (4th gear): Max Power = 260.36 Max Torque = 291.56 :readclose

Over 260whp/290tq? Stock? This seems unreal to me; I wouldn't have believed it except I was right there watching and they did it three times and then handed me the printout. Anyone else have similar dyno results?

go to a track and see what happens!!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I think it's just the dyno. SCC did an article a few issues back and numbers for the same truck varied by over 20hp if I remember correctly. So saying that, if it's legit, you're a lucky bastard. Just remember if you do any mods in the future, take it back to the same dyno, cuz a different dyno may give you lower numbers. And then you'd be like WTF!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.