Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got under the rear end of the car to replace the exhaust hanger a while back, I noticed that the two black arms on the rear left, did not match the two black arms on the rear right. One of the arms on the right rear seems to be on backwards. The parts I'm talking about are powder-coated black and bolt to the center of the frame in the rear of the car and fasten onto each wheel's suspension.

I'll try to take a picture sometime to show you what I mean.

Anyone?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
you are talking about the control arms?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
your car is fine dude i got to check another SRT4 see since the control arms are the same length etc. DCX used the same setup for both sides except in reverse get me? so for the rear control arms there are only 2 part numbers needed. Thanks ...NEEEEXXXT! :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not right, man. The part is the right part, it's just put on backwards! If you look at the ends of the arms, there are bushings on them. The arms are NOT symmetric. The bushing hang out one side more than the other... I'll just have to try to take a pic and post it...

-Sam

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
QwikSC2 said:
See how the right side is backwards of the left?
So the production line worker was a little Dyslexic. Or maybe it was a Dyslexic Robot. :idea:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
I see no logical explanation for it. I think you would want the stronger( fatter ) side closer to the wheel, where there is more stress.
I'll take a peek at mine tomorrow.

Cali

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
you guys are all freaking out for nuthing...lmao its called cost cutting :wink:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once again, it is the CORRECT part, it's just mounted backwards! If you were to take that one off and flip it, it would be correct. If the part were symmetrical it wouldn't worry me, but it's not. The bushings are kinda offset at the end.

-Sam

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Sam, I have 1, and my bro just bought 1, looking at both they are both the same, left side facing out, right side facing in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
StevesSTI
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing