Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
if you want to wait 6 months for the part to arrive.
Ok for one....we were the first to offer it (we know the ends and outs).

We worked with diablosport very closely to bring it to both the SRT-4 and the PT's (30min away from us)

No other Diablo dealer even has the firmware/crom files to even start selling them to anyone. So why are they even offering them for sale to anyone when they dont even have the means to do so? Hints they're available exclusively at Rage as we re the only ones who have them other them. Feel free buying from a company who's trying to sell a product they dont even have anything for.....

BTW the whole thing with rage products taking forever is old.......

I'm done here:hi:
We have them instock ready to go!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Keep talkin jeff...keep talkin:thumbsup:

The build is scheduled for next friday and saturday, btw. I WILL be calling you on sunday so you better keep your phone on ya :hi:

BTW, 6 months wait time or not...still not feeling the diablosport. For a company to come out with an aftermarket tuning device almost 6 years after the first turbo cruiser rolled off the lot and they STILL don't even have one for an automatic...that's saying something right there.:stab:
yeah, there is no auto's around here willing to come in for beta testing.....

When we go out to lunch and see a turbo PT we pull them over or pull up next to them just to see if they would come to diablo to do it and none of them are willing.

You need to understand.... when diablosport releases a predator for a new vehicle (for example...08 mustang) the first year or months its out they are constantly having to release updates, new versions, etc....

In the end its better for both the company AND the customers if they do wait until production is over or the car is older. Think about it....when the dealer has a recall for something electronic diablosport then has to go back and start allllllll over. Same goes for any flash tuner out there.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Hey, I bought mine because the guys are local, I've been there several times, and they worked heavily with DS to get the Hemi cars tuner setup and running.

Besides, they gave me free shipping, and they're only 45 minutes away from me for tuning purposes. Florida is roughly a 12-18 hour drive, depending on place location...

I've got nothing against Rage-Tek, and I'm glad this device came out, I've bought stuff from Rage-Tek in the past, but I'm saving money, and if something goes wrong with the device, I've got a local company that I bought it from, that i can take it back to. Can you really fault a customer for that?

No not at all. I'd do the same. What I was trying to say is no other diablo dealer has the means to be selling them (they dont have the crom files, firmware, etc). They're selling you something they dont have

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I hope it all works out for everyone.

Seriously.

However, I must point out that the bashing seems a little much. I know I would love to see these work and I know that these would make the late model PT turbo cars more appealing.
The down side is that the 5 speed turbo was only available in GT trim and therefore it is gone. The auto trans cannot handle the increased power levels in the Stage 1 setups for many of us. Will this be addressed also? Maybe a software O/D lockout for high boost conditions? Remember that the GT versions were the only ones available with the Autostick feature for the AT versons of the turbo PTs.
Again, good luck. I wanted one for a long time, waited, and then did an alternative, so I am hoping that others will have a choice.
We are well aware of the limitations and boundaries of all PT models. Diablosport knows as well. Everything will be addressed in a safe manor to insure with the addition of the diablosport and one of the canned tunes does not blow/break something up on the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.