Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
When I see one actually perform as those who are promoting it, I will then think about it. Besides, since I am the fastest stock turbo in SoCal, why worry? The big turbo folks have not impressed yet either. Maybe November will change that...maybe not:).

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
if you want to wait 6 months for the part to arrive.
Ok for one....we were the first to offer it (we know the ends and outs).

We worked with diablosport very closely to bring it to both the SRT-4 and the PT's (30min away from us)

No other Diablo dealer even has the firmware/crom files to even start selling them to anyone. So why are they even offering them for sale to anyone when they dont even have the means to do so? Hints they're available exclusively at Rage as we re the only ones who have them other them. Feel free buying from a company who's trying to sell a product they dont even have anything for.....

BTW the whole thing with rage products taking forever is old.......

I'm done here:hi:
We have them instock ready to go!

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
When I see one actually perform as those who are promoting it, I will then think about it. Besides, since I am the fastest stock turbo in SoCal, why worry? The big turbo folks have not impressed yet either. Maybe November will change that...maybe not:).
Keep talkin jeff...keep talkin:thumbsup:

The build is scheduled for next friday and saturday, btw. I WILL be calling you on sunday so you better keep your phone on ya :hi:

BTW, 6 months wait time or not...still not feeling the diablosport. For a company to come out with an aftermarket tuning device almost 6 years after the first turbo cruiser rolled off the lot and they STILL don't even have one for an automatic...that's saying something right there.:stab:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Keep talkin jeff...keep talkin:thumbsup:

The build is scheduled for next friday and saturday, btw. I WILL be calling you on sunday so you better keep your phone on ya :hi:

BTW, 6 months wait time or not...still not feeling the diablosport. For a company to come out with an aftermarket tuning device almost 6 years after the first turbo cruiser rolled off the lot and they STILL don't even have one for an automatic...that's saying something right there.:stab:
yeah, there is no auto's around here willing to come in for beta testing.....

When we go out to lunch and see a turbo PT we pull them over or pull up next to them just to see if they would come to diablo to do it and none of them are willing.

You need to understand.... when diablosport releases a predator for a new vehicle (for example...08 mustang) the first year or months its out they are constantly having to release updates, new versions, etc....

In the end its better for both the company AND the customers if they do wait until production is over or the car is older. Think about it....when the dealer has a recall for something electronic diablosport then has to go back and start allllllll over. Same goes for any flash tuner out there.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I understand how it works bud...my local tuner has been telling me the same stuff since he got the diablosport crap for the hemis but no software atleast a year ago. If you guys weren't all the way across the country I'd lend you my built motor/built auto (still stock config and programming so it'd still work) big turbo cruiser but its hard to do that from southern california lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, I bought mine because the guys are local, I've been there several times, and they worked heavily with DS to get the Hemi cars tuner setup and running.

Besides, they gave me free shipping, and they're only 45 minutes away from me for tuning purposes. Florida is roughly a 12-18 hour drive, depending on place location...

I've got nothing against Rage-Tek, and I'm glad this device came out, I've bought stuff from Rage-Tek in the past, but I'm saving money, and if something goes wrong with the device, I've got a local company that I bought it from, that i can take it back to. Can you really fault a customer for that?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Hey, I bought mine because the guys are local, I've been there several times, and they worked heavily with DS to get the Hemi cars tuner setup and running.

Besides, they gave me free shipping, and they're only 45 minutes away from me for tuning purposes. Florida is roughly a 12-18 hour drive, depending on place location...

I've got nothing against Rage-Tek, and I'm glad this device came out, I've bought stuff from Rage-Tek in the past, but I'm saving money, and if something goes wrong with the device, I've got a local company that I bought it from, that i can take it back to. Can you really fault a customer for that?

No not at all. I'd do the same. What I was trying to say is no other diablo dealer has the means to be selling them (they dont have the crom files, firmware, etc). They're selling you something they dont have

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'd have ordered one already, since I'm a 03 S1 5spd, except I already have $$$ into an SCT. You guys were able 3 weeks too late informing us of your new superior tuning product but I don't think I can find away to break even selling the SCT. However, if I cannot use my installed PPQ to datalog, I may have to rethink the whole thing.

If/when I buy I'll be going to Rage-Tek.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
For a company to come out with an aftermarket tuning device almost 6 years after the first turbo cruiser rolled off the lot and they STILL don't even have one for an automatic...that's saying something right there.:stab:
It's been how many years since a 3.8 Turbo Buick powered car first rolled out of the dealership and people are still developing new parts for them. The PT is not exactly a mainstream performance vehicle. Be happy that people are working on performance stuff for the PT at all instead of trying to figure out a way to 3M tape yet another piece of chrome plated plastic to one.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
You're talking to a guy who's hated by every vendor on this forum and has fabricated every single peice of aftermarket stuff on his car....wrong person to be talking to in this fashion lol. For other people, I can understand how they could be happy but they would have been MUCH happier had they been given the opportunity to run these parts 3 years ago. Hell they don't even make a GT model anymore, that's how much they've given up on us.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
You're talking to a guy who's hated by every vendor on this forum and has fabricated every single peice of aftermarket stuff on his car....wrong person to be talking to in this fashion lol. For other people, I can understand how they could be happy but they would have been MUCH happier had they been given the opportunity to run these parts 3 years ago. Hell they don't even make a GT model anymore, that's how much they've given up on us.
I'm happy for ya.

Anyway, It's just not good to dog a mainstream vendor that is willing to invest in such a niche vehicle, especially before we know of any real results. It may be a nice upgrade for people with much milder setups than yours.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

You're right, they don't make a GT model anymore, but they still make a turbo model. Besides, the "GT" model was mearly a drivetrain and trim change. The 5spd in the GT is completely different from the SRT4 (which is kind of silly IMO), and the intake manifold is different (understandably).

Just because you "fabricated" every single piece of stuff on your car (which I'm not buying into, unless you build turbos, blow-off valves, and other various items), doesn't mean you get to come off like a douche. Just because you fit some pipes, and an intercooler, and maybe built a turbo-fold doesn't make you Jesus of the PT Cruiser.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
^^^^ Lol, I did a hell of a lot more than that bud...and I'd rather prefer to call myself one of his disciples.

And btw, I'm well aware that the GT is just trim...I have a 400whp Touring Turbo Lite

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.