Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I did a search, but couldn't find the definite answer I want...Do I need a special spark plug socket or special wires to run the denso itv22s?, and if so, can somebody please tell me why? All I could find was people saying that they(the plugs)don't fit correctly? or were the wrong size? Somebody please clear this up for me :crying:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The plugs are a little shorter (or longer, can't remember. but the height is different) than normal, so different spark plug wire boots are needed.

As far as the socket, the one they send is just an off the shelf universale one with a elbow. But I want to say I tried my regular (same sized) socket on them and it didn't grab them properly, then I swapped to the supplied socket and they came right out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
solar04 said:
OK, I did a search, but couldn't find the definite answer I want...Do I need a special spark plug socket or special wires to run the denso itv22s?, and if so, can somebody please tell me why? All I could find was people saying that they(the plugs)don't fit correctly? or were the wrong size? Somebody please clear this up for me :crying:
you need the socket and the wires here is what i posted when i got my iridums from sparkpkugs.com
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80518&highlight=spark+plugs i hope this helps their are pics as well
Josiah

·
Registered
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
what plugs are you going to get?

turbojack said:
That was a nice write up you did. The write up and some other post's convinced me to get them. I look forward to geting them installed.

what modes have you done and what range do you want to get? the reason i ask is cuz you dont want to get plugs that are to cold things just wont run right

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Main perf mods are; exhaust from MaxFab, Mopar stage II w/toys CoolingMist dual stage Water Injection (not installed yet), PSI-fi PowerPaq (not installed yet), and Torco fuel additive for track and fun.

Plugs i bought are ITV20's. I was told 22's would have been a better choice, but I think I'll stick with these for now. When I need to replace or I want to spend some money I'll re-read and re-ask for advice to see if I want 22's instead.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know if I just got lucky, or if my car is "different," but I didn't need anything special to install a set of ITV22s on my 04 SRT-4. I used the stock wires, and one of the same 'ol spark plug sockets I've had for the last thousand years...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.