Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To give you some history to start out with Walmart blew my engine by not putting the correct oil filter on my SRT4. So Walmart paid for a new engine ($7,000)and my local dealership installed it. I had no probems the first 8,000 miles after dodge installed it. BTW Dodge said that the new engine and turbo are under warranty still. I currently have Mopar BOV and AIR Filter for mods.

Well, now I'm getting this oil light and sometimes the check engine light. I took it to Dodge of course and they claimed the error code was "Gas Cap not screwed on tight". Ok, so what they do is replace my gas cap with a new one and clear the code. Well guess what the error codes are coming back again. So I take it back and tell them to do a full diagnostic to check everything. Because at this point its getting annoying taking it back costing $80- $100 per visit. They tell me again that they were able to clear the code and they gave me an oil change.

So, today I start it up and bingo check engine light comes on. I then proceed to start driving on the highway and for no reason at all my car is overheating at roughly 230 Degrees!!! Then at the drive-thru car wash while in neutral my car hits the red zone on the temperature guage which is about 250 degrees then I hear a chime. Right after the chime it starts cooling down and I can hear the fans running fast. This continues until it drops back down to 200 degrees.

I have taken care of this car very well the whole 3 years so far I've had it. I still have the stock clutch with 55k miles and don't drag race at all. I love this car I don't want to part with it but its starting to nickel and dime me to death. What are my options?? Should I cus the dealership out and request more from them?? What are my rights concerning this situation and what would you do??

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
damn that really sucks, how did an oil change blow the engine? Did they forget to take off the oil filter gasket and maybe it had 2 on there? If it was the wrong one i dont think it would have screwed in or they would of noticed unless there that stupid...but def take it to the dealer again and let them know how u feel, its not right, you shouldnt have to pay, they should have fixed it right the first time, something is def wrong if it keeps overheating, maybe needs new Thermostat or radiator or anything really that DIDNT get replaced when the new motor was installed. At least you still got warranty, you have No idea how much I spent on the car since i have NO warranty, they just look at the car and laugh. Well good luck with the dealership..maybe try going to a different one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is still under warranty. The new engine has only 16k miles on it. My odometer reads 55K.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yeah, either go to0 a different dealership or tell them straight up. Tell them its bullshit that you have to keep throwing a $100 to them and all they do is change your oil and give you new gas caps. Tell them you'll leave it there for a day or two, its obviously not caps or gas doors being left off or open, you gotta be assertive man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts