Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at edmunds.com again today for general car info and decided to look at the srt-4 again to see if anything new was there.
Came across this...
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/dodge/neon/srt44drsedan24l4cylturbo5m/prices.html

and there is a 3% dealer holdback on msrp ($600) so they are make about $2000 per car at $19,995 MSRP prices.

Having this info available may help you negotiate with dealers who try to price gouge.
I.E.
"Hey you are already making 2 grand on this sale if I pay MSRP. I am NOT paying any more! Goodbye."

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Dealer invoice is not what the dealer pays for the vehicle. In actuality they pay alot less than dealer invoice. Here in FL they have these sales at "dealer invoice." Then you hear that little small voice talking fast stating that the dealer invoice is not actually what they pay for the vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. True.
and even if they do pay "invoice" a lot of makers have holdbacks of 2-3 % of msrp for the dealer to make $$$ on.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
With the low quantity projected to be produced, hopefully we won't be price gouged too much. I'm sure if there is a high demand and a limited supply, in some areas dealers could set whatever markup they wanted. I just learned about the SRT 4 less than a month ago. At the time I was about to purchase a SER Spec V but I've decided to wait for the SRT 4. I'm hoping the low production figures that I keep reading about are wrong and I'll be able to get my hands on one. If there is a limited supply on the lot, there's probably no way you'll be able to talk the price down from what it's marked because they know the next person will pay it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
"Hey you are already making 2 grand on this sale if I pay MSRP. I am NOT paying any more! Goodbye."
Im going to the dealer tommorow, and i am saying exactly that, no way am i lettting them get that much money.... no way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Croation
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing