Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I need the name + location of and dealer that is not Jacking up the msrp. I spoke to some asshole in Maroon dodge in Ft. Laurade today. He wanted 1500 + dealer fees.. Im not paying of MSRP!
I told him I would flight down for NYC. Does any one know any in Miami? or other parts of Florida. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Thats where I purchased mine. Lucky I was the first one to get it, or ill be facing the price gouging thats going on now.

Wait, di dyou mean Ft.Lauderdale? Thats where i go tmine.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Got mine yesterday from Maroone in Pembroke Pines for MSRP(19995) + tax + tag + title and the normal dealer cost of less than $500

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Raptor, im heading to orlando on monday/tuesday. I will also be heading to tampa also. Guess we can have the first official srt4 mini meet. :)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Too much man

RaptorRed said:
Got mine yesterday from Maroone in Pembroke Pines for MSRP(19995) + tax + tag + title and the normal dealer cost of less than $500
So you PAID over 20K?
Not worth it in my book...I'll keep waiting for my 19,995 one to show up :)

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
What color are you after ?

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Re: Too much man

cali said:
RaptorRed said:
So you PAID over 20K?
Not worth it in my book...I'll keep waiting for my 19,995 one to show up :)
Have you ever bought a new car and not paid for dealer prep tax title tags that didn't cost around 500 I haven't. He did pay 19,995 there are always addition cost to buying a car. Just don't pay for the undercoating enviromental protection paint sealers etc.
Dealer cost passed to you can include prep advertising all kinds of things.
Greg

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
To Cali, he did pay the MSRP. You will have the same thing when you go get your. 19995 doesnt include tax, even Dodge's site says that. Tax and title fees are normal for every new car purchase. No flame, just FYI.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Wrong

generallee said:
To Cali, he did pay the MSRP. You will have the same thing when you go get your. 19995 doesnt include tax, even Dodge's site says that. Tax and title fees are normal for every new car purchase. No flame, just FYI.
Im not talking about +tax+tag etc....I'm talking about the DEALER FEES!

And to gdflys:

In 2000, I bought a brand NEW 2000 Altima for just a few dollars over invoice. Do be fooled....if you've never done it before, I can tell you I have done it before.

Cali

EDIT:

M.S.R.P: $19,995
Invoice: $18,602
Holdback -$600.00
Profit = $1993 for getting a car from dodge & filling out 2 pages of paperwork

I'd say thats enough wouldn't you? :D

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Re: Wrong

cali said:
generallee said:
Im not talking about +tax+tag etc....I'm talking about the DEALER FEES!

And to gdflys:

In 2000, I bought a brand NEW 2000 Altima for just a few dollars over invoice. Do be fooled....if you've never done it before, I can tell you I have done it before.

Cali
In 2000 I bought my Caravan for 2000 under invoice only gave them 150 of the holdback for profit. The dealer is always and I mean always going to make money on the deal unless they are your friend or something. Either through holdbacks dealer fees, incentives you don't know about, or whatever but they will make some profit. I think for a limited edition car 500 Dealers fees is pretty good but if you can do better I'm glad for you.
And yes I do know the SRT-4 has a holdback as well but so far I don't think anyone has gotten it for less than MSRP.

Greg

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
I dont

mind paying 19,995 + TAX +TAG TITLE, but I will not give any dealer more profit. :evil:

I think $2000 is a very nice profit on a $18.5K car.
I'm sure you agree with me that its a nice enough profit? Wouldn't you?

If you think because of the limited availability of it, they should get a few extra hundred, then why not go out and get a WRX( a lot more out there, and very good chance at getting it at Invoice) ?

What do you say?

Cali

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Very True

:oops:

I do agree that $2,000 is plenty of profit thats why I wouldn't go over MSRP. But there are many people who will. The dealer I'm working with started marking them up 2,000 over MSRP and has sold them all. Supply and demand really sucks sometimes but I was prepared to pay MSRP plus fees since last summer. You also have to agree that the shorter the supply and greater the demand the higher the profit. And if you want one now to ease the blue ball pain then you'd do almost anything to get it. :lol: almost. And no WRX's for me I wanted the SRT-4.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hey, if you can get the dealer to cut all of the pre-printed fees on their buyers order, I congratutate you, you got a great deal.

Personally I didn't mind paying the fees that are normally charged by the dealer, and not just added on because it was an SRT. This same amount would be added to everything from a base Neon with no options, to a Viper.

I would not have paid any extra mark-up on the car itself.

Just a little note to everyone talking numbers, the extra amount is less than (2 1/2%) of the MSRP on the car. So you are telling me that if the sales tax in your state is 3% higher than mine, you wouldn't pay it ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am aware that $19995 does not include taxs. But the Guy I spoke to was like 219995+ tax and dealer fees. I went to Paramus dodge,NJ I spoke to a friend that works there, and told them Florida was selling them. He was there not even in production. He showed me his computer.I told I was aware that they should't be un computer. I told him to call Florida to prove my point!! LOL! He spoke to Marron Dodge. and told them they where going to buy 10 and truck them up north. I got on the phone and told him I want mine at MSRP.(for the hook up). He was like no 1500 over msrp. I then told him "have a nice day then" Fuck him!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
2001RT said:
I am aware that $19995 does not include taxs. But the Guy I spoke to was like 219995+ tax and dealer fees. I went to Paramus dodge,NJ I spoke to a friend that works there, and told them Florida was selling them. He was there not even in production. He showed me his computer.I told I was aware that they should't be un computer. I told him to call Florida to prove my point!! LOL! He spoke to Marron Dodge. and told them they where going to buy 10 and truck them up north. I got on the phone and told him I want mine at MSRP.(for the hook up). He was like no 1500 over msrp. I then told him "have a nice day then" Fuck him!
WOW!! $219995, that's one hell of an expensive car!! LOL!! (j/k, I know what you meant) I can tell you this, if trucks 10 up north and sells them for $1500 over and his dealership has not done the training, he's in trouble. I really think that DC is not going to take to kindly to that. DC could strip them of their 5-star OR even their franchise. I don't think that is a war that they want to fight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
True! They'll do anything for a proffit! $2000 that they make selling at MSRP is enough.Let see If he call me back this week or the following. I will not be his bitch...LOL!!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Some turd at Potamkin Rivera Dodge wanted 3900 above MSRP, total of 23,600. I told him to f*ck off. Fight to power guys. Don't stand for markups!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
9 Participants
ebbtide
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing