Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a ? for you guys . my stage 1 came in today and when i went to pick it up at the dealer they told me i had to give them my stock ecu back . is this right ? i think their trying to make warranty $ off me by saying the stock one was bad . what do you guys think.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Negative, they are either trying to scam, or just plain don't understand. Call the Mopar 800 number and ask, prefereably while you are there at the counter.

See, the parts ordering system is set up that all PCM orders are listed as a turn-in. so the engineer guys can find the fault. But if you dig into it, the system does show that no turn-in is required. I'll call my parts guy and see if he can expand on where in the system he found that. For now, just don't give them anything.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i thought so , they havent been very good at helping me with this car at all , thank god for you guys. this is a dealer that had its service manager tell me the car has 4 motor mounts, when i thought i broke one, then wouldn't replace the little rubber boots on the vaccum lines that were cracked and ripped causing boost leak ,they said the cai was the reason. talk about a bunch of idiots.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Dude, you need a new dealer. I've got my parts guru chacking now for a hard reference on the return thing.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
yep u can keep it all. should of ordered it from modern. no core exchange and comes ready to go with ur vin and milage programmed. takes about 20min to put it when simple hand toold and a jack. just don't break the clips on the pcm like i did not knowing how they come out.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Keep the old one!!! There is no core exchange required, that is printed on all of the order slips, the dealer will not be charged the $500.00 core. We place the order in the system under the exchange order, it automatically assumes that there is a core, but Mopar overides it when the dealer is billed. Don't fret it, you do not need to return it, and the dealer will not get billed for it. If they say otherwise, send them to me :lol: !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.