Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend has an 04 black srt-4 with a slight oil leak. He takes it in and they tell him his warranty is void. Why? Because he has the MOPAR oil guage in the MOPAR guage pod. He went to get it installed and they told him they didnt know how??? So they said it wouldnt affect his warranty if he got them installed elsewhere. Now they say if anything mopar effects the engine it still voids the warranty regardless if its mopar or not. Damn dodge dealer is so shady. Just thought id share any comments?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ummm yea if your not bullshitting us. Tell the dealer you are gonna sue them if they dont warranty it. Call dodge DIRECTLY. All else fails...get a lawyer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
damn its nice workin at a dodge dealership i don't have to worry about them dickin me on warranty cause if im workin on it i decide if its warranty or not.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Tell your buddy to read and learn the warranty laws, and to either use his balls or grow a set and make them squeal.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Here is the phone number for Chrysler.1-800-992-1997. A gauge will not and can not void the warranty. Look up warranty laws for after market parts. I work for a Dodge dealership, and unless the dealership can prove that the part in ? is proven to be the cause of the leak it is warranty, period...

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Im not modding my car just to spite the dealer there gonna fix it when I have a problem ! I pay 350 a month plus insurance I cant afford to fix problems with my car .
its not worth the 10 horse suttle power gain of a stage 1 or exhaust and why even bother with a oil guage all they do is make me neurotic I stare at it all the time . Just my opinion.

·
Registered
441 Posts
umm, first off, please tell us where the oil leak is coming from. If its coming from the oil sender, then they have all the right to not fix it for free.

I know dodge dealers are being assholes with warrantying modded srt-4's, but thats beyond retarded to void a warranty for extra gauges.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer is shaumburg dodge. Hey jmsamr, his name is craig he is in the csc. Were always up at hooters every wed. He has the black 04 with hyperblack exel dl-46's and eylids. Ill ask him where the leak was coming from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.