Dodge SRT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
heeeelp pleaaaasee!!!

well i guess thats why my 05 its having that kind of problem , its iddling so bad that the engine will turn off after doing the lambada and when ever im running steddy on any road looses power from 0 to 5 psi only i took it to the dealersh$t and they have replaced the MAP sensor and the TPS sensor too ohh and also the inter cooler and its still doing the same krap even they said that my sparks and wires where wrong so i changed everything together with the coil and yesterday the check engine light lite on soo im planning today in scan it to see the code and look at what its wrong i hope you guys can help me with it or else im trading it 4 anything.:mopar::mopar::mopar::crying:

·
Banned
173 Posts
check your tps wire and make sure it isnt damaged, thats what is happening to everyones srt and it really makes your car run with a mind of its own until fixed, it's usually the black wire that gets bent by the plug at the throttle body and you cant tell its damaged until you really inspect it and see the wire inside the black sleeve has been fried, it usually bends funny and you can feel the seperation, its worth a shot to check!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey i have an 04 with light mods and for the past 5 months i have had the plugs, wires, coil, plugs again, tps sensor replaced and i still have the same codes coming up quickly after parts replaced and all work has been done at a specialty performance shop, pruven performance in milford CT and i still cant seem to figure out the problems? any ideas? coudl it b possible that i had gotten an engine with bent valves or a valve? any other signs i coudl look for associated with this problem? i still get either random misfire, or 3 or 4 cylinder misfire non stop on and off? cars got 63,000 on it, with new exhaust, intake, plugs wires, tps sensor, pcm was updated.....new tranny 1000 miles ago and clutch, all under warranty from dealer....any ideas would be great thanks:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
411 i got it!!!!

well since the useless mechanics in the dealer did not figure out what it wuz wrong with the car i really went nuts and i send them to fuck them selfs.

So what i did is that i changed the coil once again cuz i noticed that when the engine was on and the car stop, it started to do it by it self "the iddling thing.,

So i grabbed a plug and unplug it from the spark side i saw a big ass spark so it was good so i put it back where it was b 4 and it stopped doing it so i got inside the car and the check engine came on took my scanner and scan it so it appear the oxigen sensor code.

I replace it (took me all day to get the part on a Sunday.) so i had it changed and the problem is gooooone man :clap::thumbsup::bandit: i guess we MEXICANS are not as that bad as ****** mechanics lol :rofl:

Well you guys try that on yours b-cuz that what it wuz on mine and now im running low in norther virginia :jester:

ps: eat more frijoles!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have an 05' it's been ticking since i bought it. Occasionally it will be hard to start. Some times at idle it stutter, but never die. It's got 19k on it. Mods TBE MOPAR CAI. Mods to go in solid motor mounts, AGP wastegate! So If i take my car in to the dealer and tell them i've gotta tickin sound they'll repl;ace the engine or the valve??????????????????:domo:

·
Registered
305 Posts
i have an 05' it's been ticking since i bought it. Occasionally it will be hard to start. Some times at idle it stutter, but never die. It's got 19k on it. Mods TBE MOPAR CAI. Mods to go in solid motor mounts, AGP wastegate! So If i take my car in to the dealer and tell them i've gotta tickin sound they'll repl;ace the engine or the valve??????????????????:domo:
that sounds like the problem. have your dealer check your numbers. you might get a new motor:clap:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I cant find anything on this anywhere
yea me either my buddy works at a dodge dealer and I went up there shortly after I read this in 2005 and he looked it up under my vin and for srt4's in general and nothing came up so I dunno

·
Registered
76 Posts
this may save my life, my 2005has ticked since new and now has been at the dealership 2 weeks blowing smoke, ticking taping and making an internal WRRRR noise. i had just wrote to corporate asking for help...... maybe you guys ghave given me just the info i need.

THANK YOU

·
Registered
901 Posts
hmm this is bringing it from the dead but my car was built in nov of 04 and its a 05 OB, I'm wondering if this could be a possible issue because at idle my car does tick and not to mention my car idles higher than any SRT-4 ive ever been in and responds to mods way worse.

This a possible issue? Any way to find out?

·
Registered
901 Posts
ok I wanted to know what are some symptoms of a bent valve

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
is it worth taking it back now? would you have to be completely stock to do this?

·
Registered
901 Posts
is it worth taking it back now? would you have to be completely stock to do this?

damn straight it is. I could care less if I'm modified. They knew of this issue since when the cars were built, plus i'd love if they could just verify the problem so if need be i could fix it through my own expense. (AMS built block) :jester:

·
Registered
535 Posts
This is a copy of the post I made earlier.

For all the people reading this....

This was not a recall...its a rapid response. Meaning, when the rapid response came out, if the vehicle had not been sold, still on the dealer lot, we would have to road test it listening for the engine noise and/or misfire. If it was present we would then have to diagnose the problem and repair as per the bulletin. After the vehicle is delivered to the customer the bulletin does not apply.
I contacted corporate and they didn't find a recall similar to this rapid response message. Someone should either delete this thread or update the first post with 05plsrt4's post so that no one wastes their time reading through the replies to find out that you can't do anything about this issue.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I know mine had a bent valve..it broke at 1200 miles! the stealership (Gunn Dodge-they are now out of business) tried to tell me it was my fault and that i had been Racing my car..i laughed and then raised hell..they then replaced the head

241 - 260 of 266 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.