Dodge SRT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have alot of mods done (see sig), however just recently I started to get a miss while driving around (no boost, easy driving). I assumed it was the plugs, so I regapped them to about .034 and it seemed to go away. It comes and goes intermittently....the car only has 9000 miles on it. Any suggestions? (And no, I am not putting it back to stock to take to the daelership to find out!) Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
^

All the SRT's I have seen will misfire every now and then.Mine does and I had it checked at the dealer and my buddy at our dealer said it was normal.Buy the way the factory boost gages seem to blow up at 23 lbs boost.On the 3rd gage in 12000 miles.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
For all the people reading this....

This was not a recall...its a rapid response. Meaning, when the rapid response came out, if the vehicle had not been sold, still on the dealer lot, we would have to road test it listening for the engine noise and/or misfire. If it was present we would then have to diagnose the problem and repair as per the bulletin. After the vehicle is delivered to the customer the bulletin does not apply.

If it was a recall, you would've received a recall notice in the mail back in 2005

If the vehicle was indeed built with a bent valve, you would've had problems in the first 100 miles.

I beleive the only reason the entire engine gets replaced is just incase there is a further problem with that engine. After it gets replaced the old engine is shipped back to chrysler.

·
Registered
173 Posts
misfire

If mine 2005 got 38000 miles and it making misfire out of nowhere Could i take it to dealer and they verify it if the problem got tho have with this recall?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This is a copy of the post I made earlier.

For all the people reading this....

This was not a recall...its a rapid response. Meaning, when the rapid response came out, if the vehicle had not been sold, still on the dealer lot, we would have to road test it listening for the engine noise and/or misfire. If it was present we would then have to diagnose the problem and repair as per the bulletin. After the vehicle is delivered to the customer the bulletin does not apply.

If it was a recall, you would've received a recall notice in the mail back in 2005

If the vehicle was indeed built with a bent valve, you would've had problems in the first 100 miles.

I beleive the only reason the entire engine gets replaced is just incase there is a further problem with that engine. After it gets replaced the old engine is shipped back to chrysler.

·
Registered
205 Posts
05plsrt4 said:
Rhetorical ?
Would you buy a brand new car with 6 miles on it that had already had the head off it? I know I wouldn't.

I think maybe that would be the reason for the engine swap.

Any insiders out there who know how many engines got replaced?

·
Registered
854 Posts
K, I read the whole thread.
First off, The ticking when you start your engine is your lifters getting the oil to the top of your engine. Every neon is like this. I've owned three and all did this. Very common and is not a problem.

Second, my car misfired only when I got on it. I tested my stock wires and one of them were bad so I changed them and the plugs right away and now runs great. Check your wires too, not just your plugs as my plugs were fine.

Third, I called the toll free Chrysler,Dodge, and Jeep Customer Service # just to see if they would tell me if my VIN was on the list and the women insisted that she couldn't look it up and I needed to call my local dealership. I called them and they said I was ok. I'm not worried as my car has ran fine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
how would I find out if I have the recall??? Just call the dealer with my VIN##????
thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I own two '04s, one engine has been replaced due to a faulty bearing on the underside of the motor. No connection I would think, as this is unrelated.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I got my engine replaced under an insurance claim through a Dodge dealership (car was stolen, and they blew my head & warped my block).

Anyways, the new block & head they put in ticks... Do you think this could have been one of these blocks they took out? How would I go about getting this taken care of (and see if my block was one of the ones pulled, etc.)?

Thanks! (PM me, as I don't ck the board often)

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I read somewhere that its something like 1/80 rebuilds and 1/250 oem engines have serious warranty addressing problems. Behind the Honda place by the I-15 in Ontario, CA they used to have SO many cylinder heads and shit, brand new, in dumpsters. They are supposed to get destroyed but i guess the guys who work there get lazy. Auto shop instructor dumpster dived to get "instructional material" to help us practice valve RnR n stuff. 49th state in the union spending on education FTL.

·
Banned
173 Posts
Well I had a ticking in my motor that was a spun rod bearing. I bought the car used and only put 12,000 miles on it, took it to the dealer and they said its so bad that they are going to replace my entire motor with a new one from mopar. I hope I get a good one this time and I hope its not from the 05 line of motors cause I liked my 03's motor better, it was purring quietly until the knocking started out of nowhere....I have 72,000 miles on it now and its a solar yellow 2003.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've just started to notice a more noticeable tick in my motor. It has 37,000 miles on it now. Modded, pushing 280 hp for the last year. it's worse when I first start it up and then it's quieter but still there. It wasn't like that when I first got it brand new. In the last four months it's been doing it. It's an '05. I might just call down to my dealership and see wassup!

221 - 240 of 266 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.