Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
16,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand why DCX released the cars in certain key markets the way they did. My major gripe with DCX however may not have much to do with them, but why didn't they just release the rest of them to the rest of the markets 2 months after the first flood of units? The biggest gripe I have is that DCX (and every other manufacturer for that matter) does not let their dealerships in on what is ACTUALLY going to be happening. I'll list the "rumors" that I've heard since October.

OCTOBER:

SRT4 scheduled for release in key markets winter of 2003. Release will be in key California, and Florida markets first with the rest of the US coming online with distribution by February/March

DECEMBER:

SRT4 scheduled for release in key markets early 2003. Release will be in key California, and Florida markets first with the rest of the east coast and west coast and surrounding states coming online with distribution by March/April

FEBRUARY:

SRT4 released in key markets winter of 2003. Dealerships in California, and Florida are getting them by the dozens and the delivery process is taking forever. Dealerships in the center of the country may not see them for a while.

APRIL:

SRT4s are showing up in po dunk towns in Idaho with a minimal populace, but certain states are being left out of the loop. The entire Denver region reportedly only had allocated 20 SRT4's and those must be delivered to over 650 dealerships.

Now it's may and orders cannot be placed for 04's until November? I'm basically repeating what my resource director is telling me, which by now I'm sure I'm driving him nutso. Why can't DCX let the dealerships know what's REALLY going on? Why is it that the oldest family owned Dodge dealership in the United States who by the way was also the first authorized Viper dealer in Utah can't get any SRT4s at all? But Other dealerships in the area, who when you call and ask any of the salesman when the SRT4 is coming in, they reply "Well the SRT4 RAM truck won't be out for at least another year" :x :x is listed on www.dodge.com as an "official" SRT4 dealer. Shouldn't it be a requirement to at least know that the SRT4 is NOT a truck?????

Is there anyone here that can get DCX in gear and just get the dealerships cars. I mean I can rattle off the names of stores that will start at 2-4k above sticker, and if that's what they want to do fine. I just want the chance to sell the SRT4s to the customers that I have. I have one person that owns a very well established performance shop that he and his business partner want to buy a total of 2. I have resigned to give him the name of the dealerhip in Idaho to go get the cars. He called me back the next day and informed me that although he appreciated me giving him the info on where to get one soon, he informed me that he would ONLY buy from me and the dealership I work at. Even though that may take longer. As anyone in auto sales knows, one must strike when the iron is hot. I don't know how much longer they can hold out.

PLEEEASE!!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I hear you. I put my deposit down in Decmeber, local dealer told me they could order it in Feb. Feb. came and went, still couldn't order it. I wanted to keep my business local. Dealer cashed my down payment so I figured OK, that means they can at least order the car. I went to the dealer this morning, all pissed off, got my down payment back. Drove 1 hour away, haggled for 5 hours on price, got them down to MSRP and drove my new car home. I don't blame my local dealer, I blame DCX. All they had to do was tell my dealer he could not get one and why. They told them NOTHING !

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
And my first contact with my dealer in Juneau was on Feb.11th, he to is quite frustrated with the lack of communication between regional rep. and DCX. I am gunna wait till he gets one for me cause it will be MSRP. this was the last corrospondance on Friday......

"Still waiting for your car???? Yes the Pacifica is sweet but a dog compared to the SRT-4. Yesterday we had talked to the Fairbanks Dodge dealer. They had completed their training in January and STILL haven't received an SRT-4?????.
Our Factory REP. has promised that we will get product. When, is still unanswered. Of course I had hoped to have yours inbound by now. As soon as I know you will. Be patient I know your excited and frustrated. These cars are on the down south lots. I'm sure you could find one but for bigger bucks. You will get your car at MSRP, it will be worth the wait.

Stay cool,"

So, what can I say?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Of course its fair, it just won't happen.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
None of them can tell you what's going on because they don't even know. Simple as that.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
if you want to know the answers to all of your questions then just ask your local dealer. :lol:

·
Banned
16,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lifeisdeath said:
if you want to know the answers to all of your questions then just ask your local dealer. :lol:
Ask a certain dealership in the valley here and their response is "The SRT4 truck won't be coming out for at least 2 more years. Why not look at a hemi?" Mind you, they were the first dealer listed on the dodge website as an "official" SRT4 dealer. Also note that their dealership has come very close to losing their 5 star certification. That's pathetic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.