Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
26,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dodge Neon and SRT-4 (Some bad news and then shocking news)

2005-2006

- As you know already, the current generation Dodge Neon ends in the 2006 model year. Currently, before we received the next generation compact car, the Neon & SRT-4 will receive minimal updates. However, that was the bad news

2007- ?

Now on with the good news… reclipped EVO X is coming

2007 Dodge SRT-4?

(COMING SOON)
Photocrop

The next generation compact car replacement will be built in Belvedere. It will use the hot new world engine that was jointly designed by Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Hyundai. This world engine will be built in three global locations: Dundee Michigan, South Korea, and Japan. Currently, there is (hinted) a hot optional engine, designed and built by Chrysler, which will not require a turbocharger – think six cylinders in-size that rumored to be release for MY2007. This rumored 6-cylinder is reported to be pushing 300-horsepower. While the next turbo 2.4 liter world engine will begin life at 280-horsepower & 300 ft lbs of torque.

The next generation compact car is currently being designed and engineered by a joint team that consist Chrysler and Mitsubishi. If you take the early platform specs from the Mitsubishi Tarmac concept, the wheelbase is no longer than 99-inch, which is 6-inch shorter than the current 2005 Neon. While both engineering groups are cohesive in building this common platform, the final cars will be very different in character. Insiders already remarked, that the Dodge version would have some design cue element from the PT Cruiser and latest Pacifica.

In North America and Europe, dealerships will be getting the Chrysler version. Even it is sold under the Mitsubishi nameplate. In Asia, the Middle East, and South America, dealerships will be getting the Mitsubishi version. Dodge dealerships will be receiving the Mitsubishi version.

The next generation compact car, Dodge and Mitsubishi versions will have unique interiors and exteriors, including different suspension tuning for various models.

2007 EVO X

The Lancer EVO will come to North America as a Dodge. This car will have some extensive Chrysler involvement with engineering in the two-door version. Yes! A two-door version. Mitsubishi engineers will primarily work the four door. However, members of the Neon ACR team are helping them with this effect. We can owe our gratitude to the strong rally and SCCA success. (The Neon traces its pedigree back to the Shelby Dodges, partly through John Fernandez).

Neon Name? It will almost certainly not be called a Neon but may retain the SRT-4 label. Other rumors from Allpar suggest Demon or Dart as the next nameplate.

The "C segment" design is reportedly complete and being tested and tuned as we speak.

Stay tune for more news….

Latest Update from Austria Newspaper Rendition​

AMS Website

Found in Autoweek.Nl site (By Supremus)​

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reference Material:

- World Engine Press Release: http://www.sixsigmainstitute.com/sixsigma/archives/Global%20Engine%20Manufacturing%20Alliance%20Creates%20New%20Factory%20Model%20in%20Michigan.htm

- EVO X Information:

(Updated)

- Discussion on the world engine: http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

·
Registered
998 Posts
Did you say that they will be using a six cylinder for the srt4? Maybe I misunderstood, but thanks for the info. Why should I buy stage three if i'LL just want a dodge brand evo anyway!

·
Registered
26,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
World Engine tidbits: In addition, BorgWarner will supply DaimlerChrysler with the electronic throttle control for the North American volumes of the engine, which are produced in Dundee, Michigan. This system provides unlimited calibration possibilities for improved drivability and fuel economy. Production is expected to begin in late 2005. (Source: Borg Warner)

·
Registered
864 Posts
V-6 in a small car, perhaps with a manual transmission?

<----Hey, I like it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
wouldn't it be called the SRT-6??? The current SRT-4 has 4 cylinders hence the name SRT-4... so why would they keep the SRT-4 title with a six cylinder car? It goes against all the other named SRT models that have been released.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
So basically its taking the SRT-4 name which used to somehow relate to the car and throw it out the window by using a 6cyl engine? :rolleyes:

As cool as it could be to have a 300hp V6 in such a small car, keep the 4cyl only so the SRT-4 name could mean what it is.

And also, modding a turbo 4 is alot easier than a high strung NA V6. The SRT-4 is all about modding too, hence why Mopar released the Stage Upgrades, how much is it gonna be for the 2007 Mopar stage 1 turbo upgrade for the v6? $3000? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool! But I thought 2005 was the last model year for the Neon. Was anyone else under this impression? Not that I dont mind an extra year.
I love it when the bad news isn't so bad and the good news is great!

1 - 20 of 564 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.