Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reviews for the DCR transmissions?

I'm aware of the lead time for receiving custom built products from them. As with any built to order performance shop I have worked with that has demand for their products. Patience is virtue. Just haven't heard of any reviews on the transmission. Longevity, reliability, etc.

I searched but could not find anything on here. Found the YouTube video where Autofun opens the big crate. But I'm looking for follow up reviews. How well it shifts, etc. All that stuff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm interested in the lower price range transmission from Dcr. Not the expensive one with the liberty gears and billet shaft. That's too expensive for my goals.

I just want a solid daily driver. Not trying to beat records at the track....honestly don't see the point in that. Any car can break records if you dump enough money at it. Big turbo Pinto for the win!.....or Minivan on steroids.

I just want a fun reliable daily driver Srt4....heck I'm fine with just the Diablo universal tune on the baby stock turbo. Or maybe a bigger turbo...🤣

I've spent my time under the hood on these cars, so I'm well aware they are not absolutely 100% reliable but alteast a well built transmission to write that off the problem list that I need to address.

I don't want a factory transmission either.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Well, I'm interested in the lower price range transmission from Dcr. Not the expensive one with the liberty gears and billet shaft. That's too expensive for my goals.

I just want a solid daily driver. Not trying to beat records at the track....honestly don't see the point in that. Any car can break records if you dump enough money at it. Big turbo Pinto for the win!.....or Minivan on steroids.

I just want a fun reliable daily driver Srt4....heck I'm fine with just the Diablo universal tune on the baby stock turbo. Or maybe a bigger turbo...

I've spent my time under the hood on these cars, so I'm well aware they are not absolutely 100% reliable but alteast a well built transmission to write that off the problem list that I need to address.

I didnt know they had a mid priced unit, lol. RT just got a new one from someone.. I think Pwerks? I don't remember though.

He should be along shortly. If not Hit him up!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts

I'd pass on the "low price" DCR and see how much $4200 will buy at BST

Contact FWD Performance via facebook to see what $4200 will buy in Houston.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went ahead with the DCR transmission with the modified shaft, billet tab fork, and other goodies. I will update with reviews once it's all installed and driving.

I tried FWD but I didn't want stock forks. I tried to buy a billet one from realtune website but it would not go through. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Lead time is Q4 so it will be a while before I update. But I can't wait! Gives me time to pull the drivetrain.

Hoping this Jack will fit, it's a little short. But the current jack works so either way I'm getting it done.

Blue Engineering Gas Water Fence

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
I think that was meant as a joke…. But it could probably be used to lift the body to slide the trans out from underneath.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pulling the engine out too. Going to replace alot of parts on the engine and the front end. Including bushings, axles, suspension, possibly steering rack. Car needs work. It runs but leaks oil from top and bottom. So I'm going to rebuild her.

·
Super Moderator
16,460 Posts
I'm pulling the engine out too. Going to replace alot of parts on the engine and the front end. Including bushings, axles, suspension, possibly steering rack. Car needs work. It runs but leaks oil from top and bottom. So I'm going to rebuild her.
Ah, okay, makes sense then. I was thinking if you were going to try and pull the transmission out the top, well, you were going to be in for a rude awakening LOL

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
I'm currently sort of in the same boat. I needed to pull my trans, so i went ahead and pulled the motor and trans together. The times i've pulled just the trans, i dropped it out through the bottom, but removing both together i've always gone out through the top. Having an engine hoist and load leveler make it fairly easy to do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, she looks pretty and the paint and body is in great shape. I already put scratches on her here and there unfortunately.

But underneath she will need work.....I already started cleaning her up. Started in the back and working my way to the front (hard part).

I did pick up a Big Red engine leveler...heard it helps to angle the drivetrain out from the top on these Neons.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Yea, she looks pretty and the paint and body is in great shape. I already put scratches on her here and there unfortunately.

But underneath she will need work.....I already started cleaning her up. Started in the back and working my way to the front (hard part).

I did pick up a Big Red engine leveler...heard it helps to angle the drivetrain out from the top on these Neons.

View attachment 148034
how big are your tires?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's not in great shape right now. Going to rebuild it. I have alot of projects! So little time. I will get it done eventually.

Just went out to test the hoist again, this time it did not want to go up. Going to try and install the shorter Jack and see what results I get.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts