Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DCR 3 speed automatic transmission that split the case, does anybody know what transmission it is? And what cars or mini vans did they come in originally and what years? Im trying to get my srt4 back on the road but im not going to spend $8k+ on another dcr trans. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope you don't think I was trying to be sarcastic, if he's running an automatic and it cracked the case, he's putting down some pretty good power.
580+ a 35 shot of nitrous oxide. Split the case tuning it, turning it up... had a mishap, the line to the wastegate popped off, sent the boost to an unknown psi (guage only goes to 30psi) and yeah thats when/how it happened.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I have a DCR 3 speed automatic transmission that split the case, does anybody know what transmission it is? And what cars or mini vans did they come in originally and what years? Im trying to get my srt4 back on the road but im not going to spend $8k+ on another dcr trans. Any help is much appreciated.
Can't you just call DCR and ask them what transmission it is?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't you just call DCR and ask them what transmission it is?
Yes, i could, but i really don't want deal with them trying to sell me something, also its just easier to ask around on forums, someones bound to know what transmission it is.. i have two guesses, its either a 1st gen neon trans or a 91-ish caravan trans.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Yes, i could, but i really don't want deal with them trying to sell me something, also its just easier to ask around on forums, someones bound to know what transmission it is.. i have two guesses, its either a 1st gen neon trans or a 91-ish caravan trans.
Understood, I was looking for the easy way to answer your question.
A hrder way would be to go look at those two transmissions you mentioned in a junk yard.
And see if they match the one you have in your car currently or have removed since it's shot.

ps some pictures of your transmission would help!
We like carnage here :cool:

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
580+ a 35 shot of nitrous oxide. Split the case tuning it, turning it up... had a mishap, the line to the wastegate popped off, sent the boost to an unknown psi (guage only goes to 30psi) and yeah thats when/how it happened.
WOW, you must have that engine beefed big time to have the transmission actually take the hit like that.

I bet we have at least a couple 91' minivans in the boneyard at the farm. No idea what condition any of the transmissions would be in though, they haven't moved in probably 20 years, back when my father and I were buying them up from police auctions, swapping motors, reselling them for a profit, so on and so forth.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
the preferred a413 auto is from a 2000-2001 (after were 4spds) because it has the starter up front and has additional clutch packs. other than the RVMB that carl designed and was copied.. most just up the line pressure, use red alto clutches (hard to find), tig the 5 pinon planetary gears and install the OBX lsd.. although some have machined the quafie to fit.. cracked cases are often from the transfer gears loosing a tooth and then getting in the way.... billet are available

great reference.. DDG- The Transmission Guide, and FWD performance also parts / kit

a buddie of mine keeps encouraging me to make the switch to an auto.. and i have both the a413 and a pt automatic

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the preferred a413 auto is from a 2000-2001 (after were 4spds) because it has the starter up front and has additional clutch packs. other than the RVMB that carl designed and was copied.. most just up the line pressure, use red alto clutches (hard to find), tig the 5 pinon planetary gears and install the OBX lsd.. although some have machined the quafie to fit.. cracked cases are often from the transfer gears loosing a tooth and then getting in the way.... billet are available

great reference.. DDG- The Transmission Guide, and FWD performance also parts / kit

a buddie of mine keeps encouraging me to make the switch to an auto.. and i have both the a413 and a pt automatic
Thanks for all the info, im gonna look at some a413 transmissions and see if its the same as what my dcr transmission is. Good info btw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
im not going to spend $8k+ on another dcr trans.
$8k+ 😲 for that price it better have 8 speeds and 200 millisecond shifts like a built HP90 Hellcat trans. And you'd still have a couple grand left in your pocket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$8k+ 😲 for that price it better have 8 speeds and 200 millisecond shifts like a built HP90 Hellcat trans. And you'd still have a couple grand left in your pocket.
I agree, thankfully i got the entire car with the dcr $8k transmission for only $9k soo i guess i only paid $1k for the car. Lol. Dcr is such a rip-off.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I agree, thankfully i got the entire car with the dcr $8k transmission for only $9k soo i guess i only paid $1k for the car. Lol. Dcr is such a rip-off.
Lol, apparently it's market rate. Isn't marketing grand? Without charging what you feel, and others agree what your time is worth you couldn't stay in business. Apparently someone feels those transmissions are worth 8 grand, cause they bought one. I certainly don't, but no one was disadvantaged in the transaction..

I'm constantly reminded that we are ripped off building roads, paying for registration, and anytime I have to interface the DMV. Those are rip offs.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts