Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Callin out any SRT-4 out there ... well in the Houston area anyway. I know Civic DX is a few notches down on the food chain than the SRT-4, But go get your Mopar stage 3 turbo kits or whatever. Put some nitrous on it -- spray all you want. Heck, get your friends to help you push the thing. Let's do this. PM me and we'll set something up.

Here's my car (and it still retains the STOCK exhaust):


Bring it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
CheeseFrog said:
Callin out any SRT-4 out there ... well in the Houston area anyway. I know Civic DX is a few notches down on the food chain than the SRT-4, But go get your Mopar stage 3 turbo kits or whatever. Put some nitrous on it -- spray all you want. Heck, get your friends to help you push the thing. Let's do this. PM me and we'll set something up.

Here's my car (and it still retains the STOCK exhaust):


Bring it.
You and Jason are always pickin' on the little guys. :p :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Ryan Autry said:
drizze99 said:
Didn't mean to come off so hard, but unless that car is a BIGTIME sleeper, how do you expect to even keep up with a base civic?
Always remember this, don't gudge a sheep by it's cover.

How do you know it's a base civic?
Ryan, read the complete post. I said "...unless that car is a BIGTIME sleeper..."

Looks base, and stock exhaust....... you tell me seeing that you know the guy, why is this car worthy? just wondering....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ryan Autry said:
You and Jason are always pickin' on the little guys. :p :D
Doh! Busted... I gotta learn to sign up with a different name on these car forums. lol But seriously, I'm curious to gauge the new SRT-4's performance. I know they have a lot of potential.

There's a sport compact car meet here in Houston this coming Saturday 3/15/03. It'd be nice to have some of the SRT-4 guys represent. You'll probably be able to beat most anything there. Should be able to get some good friendly runs along with some BBQ while you're there. Bring some chips or potato salad or hot dogs or hamburger patties or somethin just in case! Read the link for more details. Hope to see you all there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drizze99 said:
Looks base, and stock exhaust....... you tell me seeing that you know the guy, why is this car worthy? just wondering....
Well.. here's a little video of me pulling on a Honda CBR600 F4i. This was about 40hp or so ago, without the nitrous. (FYI F4i's run about 125-127mph in the 1/4). Don't mind the filename, I had thought it was a Gixxer at first. And yeah, I know the vid could have been better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
drizze99 said:
Cheese, nice kill. I guess you do have a wolf in sheeps clothing. Now, I wish I lived in Texas!! :lol:
Drizze, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the SRT-4's are right there next to me. Can't just rest on my laurels just yet :) I'd like to get an SRT-4 into the shop (Autologic here in Houston) to look at the exhaust system. I'm thinking maybe st00pid (Jason) can fab up a 3.0" downpipe with integrated Quicktime electrnoic cutout so you can dump to the atmosphere at the track, and then run through the stock exhaust when you're rollin through your neighborhood. I know there's some TX SRT-4's out there because I've seen one already (and it was dirty!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Exhaust Depot already built a 3" exhaust for his. 3" downpipe, 3" high flow cat, 3" mufferless exhaust. He built 2, one straight back, and one splitting into duals at the rear to mimic the factory exhaust.

here are some pics if you didn't already see it.....
http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=647
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
drizze99 said:
Exhaust Depot already built a 3" exhaust for his. 3" downpipe, 3" high flow cat, 3" mufferless exhaust. He built 2, one straight back, and one splitting into duals at the rear to mimic the factory exhaust.

here are some pics if you didn't already see it.....
http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=647
Nice setup.

But what he is saying. A 3" Electronic Cutout right past the turbo.

With the cutout open, you will have a 3" downpipe as your entire exhaust.

With it close you have stock exhuast.

True sleeper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
CheeseFrog said:
drizze99 said:
Looks base, and stock exhaust....... you tell me seeing that you know the guy, why is this car worthy? just wondering....
Well.. here's a little video of me pulling on a Honda CBR600 F4i. This was about 40hp or so ago, without the nitrous. (FYI F4i's run about 125-127mph in the 1/4). Don't mind the filename, I had thought it was a Gixxer at first. And yeah, I know the vid could have been better.
DUDE! What is in that car!? How come the big dial in the middle of the dash doesn't move in the video? Or does it and we can't see?
I think I saw the big tach moving...
I would definitely like to see more of that video clip. :) I'm a big fan of the bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Ryan Autry said:
drizze99 said:
Exhaust Depot already built a 3" exhaust for his. 3" downpipe, 3" high flow cat, 3" mufferless exhaust. He built 2, one straight back, and one splitting into duals at the rear to mimic the factory exhaust.

here are some pics if you didn't already see it.....
http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=647
Nice setup.

But what he is saying. A 3" Electronic Cutout right past the turbo.

With the cutout open, you will have a 3" downpipe as your entire exhaust.

With it close you have stock exhuast.

True sleeper.
Damn, that's a nice set-up!!
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
About this Discussion
78 Replies
32 Participants
US MARINE BORA
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing
Top