Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Datalog Software: SCT Live Link and epifan

I've been messing around tuning with my new Focus ST and have found a few different programs that I think will make reviewing DiabloSport datalogs easier. Both require you to export a csv file from Dataviewer

SCT LiveLink SCT Performance - LiveLink Datalogging Software Updated
With just a small change to the Diablo csv "time" column, you can use SCT Live Link to review your datalogs. LiveLink can do a handy dandy Histogram to make tuning fuel trims a little easier. It also has an equation editor to a few other handy tools. Not sure why this wasn't pushed sooner than now.

epifanSoftware "LogVeiwer epifanSoftware | logViewer | Screenshots
Its only $25 but can open Dataviewer csv without any issue. Histomgrams and the ability to lay one log onto another are the two feature I like.

I haven't used either one too much but they look very useful if only for making histograms.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been using Live Link with my Focus ST datalog and noticed this update from SCT

Version: 2.2.14.0 Release Date: 12-09-2013
- * DCX support (1996-2012)
- Updated database including new SAE PIDs and GM EPIDs
- OSC (output state control) with GM X3P devices
- Non-rapid packet logging for X3P devices
- Ford Fiesta and Focus support
- New default Gauges style
- Unit conversion tool

* DCX Support is currently ONLY available on SCT DCX X3 Power Flash Devices (PN: 3200)

So has anyone got a X3 and tried Datalogging on their Srt?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Woa, nice. I've been waiting for this. I haven't been able to find any info on SCTs site about the 3200 X3 but I have found several websites selling it (apparently it's been out about a month) Here's a link to one of them:

SCT | SCT 3200 | SCT DCX | SCT Dodge

If you look at the technical specs tab it lists the DCX vehicles covered. The SRT4 is not specifically listed. It does, however, list several NGC controller vehicles and vehicles using the PCI bus. If it can capture data from these I'm hoping it will work for the SRT. If no one chimes in in the next day or so I'll buy one and be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Tune many caravans? LOL. Anyway, I bought one off ebay (I emailed FWDPerformance but they never got back to me) on Sunday and it shipped today, supposed to be here Saturday. I'm almost positive it will work but I won't know for sure till I try it. I need to register my PRP... and then learn how to tune with it, should be interesting. I'll report back once I play with it a little.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Histograms rule for ve tuning!! I like the idea of putting 2 logs on top of eachother. Is it hard to line 2 wot pulls up with eachother?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes you can tune with the X3. I don't know if sct has released pre canned tunes for it yet, but you can tune by taking it to a professional tuner who uses sct's software or if you have the advantage 3 software your self. I just got an x3 to use with my advantage 3 software because my x2 broke and was unrepairable. Also I may add it has a 2 channel analog input so you can hook up your wide band and or any other 5v analog you wish while you data log.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i dont give a fuck about canned tune but if the x3 can tune our car and datalog

my old x2 and my locked dsp will be for sale soon

·
Registered
642 Posts
Don't sell your DSP. SCTs parameter list for non-CAN bus Chrysler vehicles sucks. I'm still playing with it but as of today, I haven't been unable to log several important parameters. Not the least of which is lt/st knock retard. SCT doesn't list the SRT-4 as a compatible vehicle for the X3 so don't expect them to update the PID list for PCI (SAE J1850 VPW) vehicles any time soon.

The X3 will connect to the vehicle and data log but with an apparently uselessly small set of available PIDs. It will also allow you to down load PRP or emailed pro tunes to the devise, modify them ala the DSP/DSI/Trinity and flash the car. Kind of useless if you have the PRP, which I believe you have or are planning on getting. If you already have an X2 I would keep it along with your DSP

·
Registered
642 Posts
The only thing the X3 will do that the DSP won't is record 2 analog inputs. But, like I said, with the ridiculously limited available PIDs, it's still a waste of money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told by SCT when I talked to them on the phone about a week ago the SRT-4 is compatible with the X3. I know SCT website has none to little info on the X3 device, I am just going off on what they have told me over the Phone. I got the device and have not been able to use it yet due to my car being in storage. So DodgeTech you have more experience already using it with the SRT. I am just going to have to wait until spring and try it out.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I was told by SCT when I talked to them on the phone about a week ago the SRT-4 is compatible with the X3. I know SCT website has none to little info on the X3 device, I am just going off on what they have told me over the Phone. I got the device and have not been able to use it yet due to my car being in storage. So DodgeTech you have more experience already using it with the SRT. I am just going to have to wait until spring and try it out.
Technically you are correct, the X3 (pn 3200) is compatible with the SRT-4. It will do everything the X2 will do. This is nice because the X2s were discontinued a while ago and if you wanted to get the PRP you were stuck trying to find a used X2 to make it work. This solves that problem. Also, if you have a non-datalogging wideband and a DSP (no analog inputs) you can feed the X3 the analog out from your wideband and record AFR vs RPM and MAP.

However, those of us who were hoping this would eliminate the need to use a DSP or DSI for datalogging have been sorely disappointed. It DOES datalog, but on PCI vehicles it only reads SAE generic parameters . In other words, it only reads the same PIDs as a generic OBD2 scanner (like the ones you can buy at AutoZone). This makes it virtually useless for tuning. You still need a DS product (locked or unlocked, doesn't matter) for datalogging.

·
Registered
642 Posts
No problem. I wish I didn't have to waste money just to get my questions answered though, LOL. Either way, at least I was able to share some useful (I think) info. I am going to get in touch with SCT about expanding the PID list in the live link software for PCI bus vehicles. Maybe they will respond, maybe they'll tell me to take a hike. Who knows. But I'm not working right now so I have plenty if time to bother them lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well this is a bummer, hopefully SCT gets more data logging pids. If not O well I have the dsp handy when I'll need it. Worse case I will make the best of both worlds! Thank you for the info, like you said earlier maybe we can get SCT to support our pcms instead of generic data logging.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Picked this x3 up with prp, will data log how my car runs as is. Just got access today will post later. It will work just fine, and updates will come soon to fix anything about data logging.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I sent Dodgetech a pm with no response, so I ordered one . It is as he says about it not data logging the epids. Kevin Bonnet actually has the pids mapped out but sct has not been kind to him, so we will have to wait until they fix the problem between them, or they get off there butts and actually fix the data logging. Did sct give you a time frame to fix the data logging? Im honestly thinking about selling the x3 and just using my solus.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If history is any indication of how fast SCT is going to develop/patch a Chrysler product then your better off selling it while you can.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts