Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case someone was wondering. I've removed the dash in my SRT-4 to route wiring for a radar detector direct connect wire. There are a total of 4 screws that hold the dash down. One on each end (have to open the doors to get to it) and two inside the defrost vent (on the outside edges, towards the doors.) Once you've removed all four screws, I recommend you remove the two gray plastic pieces from the pillars next. This will require you to pull down some of the door trim stripping (black rubber touching the pillars.) You can just pull gently and it will come off. Don't pull it all off. Just pull it away so it's not touching the gray plastic. You can then pull out and up on the pillar pieces. They are snapped into place (be careful. The top clips are easily broken.) Once both are removed, the dash snaps up (pull gently). Once the front end is pulled up, you can pull the entire dash towards the back of the vehicle and it will come out.

Don't forget that the boost gauge is still connected and mounted to the dashboard. You'll have to do a few extra steps to remove it.

-Sam

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Gonna have some photos of what you found? I remember some folks were asking about the boost gauge mounting cup.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
yeah, get some good photos and do a detailed write up.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Thanks Samel. I just received my direct connect wire today and may be doing the same thing. I plan on routing the wire up to the passenger side visor. Did you do that too, or did you mount the detector on the dash?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
If anyone goes up into the headliner, let me know, I've got this crazy idea of adding the compass/temp mirror out of the Stratus if one hits the junkyard. I think this is also available on the Neon R/T. So maybe the wiring for this piece is already there. I don't care about the temp so much , but in the last two weeks I've ended up roaming the streets of Baltimore and D.C. and a compass would come in handy. Of course the RB1 nav system would be the best, but at 1,500, thats a tad expensive.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i will be going into the headliner when i get it, but that wont help you out now.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I'm sure it will be a while before I find a car in the junkyard with the right mirror anyway, but I'm a patient man. (Except for flying down to buy a car :) )

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I removed my dash yesterday to install my radar detector direct connect wire. First off, thanks Samel for posting the information on how to do this, it was very helpfull.

But....

Even though I was trying to be careful, I broke the two clips on the right side pillar cover. Anyone know where I can get replacements? Do I need to order from the dealer parts department? Is there a part number?

Thanks,
Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
drolander
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing