Dodge SRT Forum banner

401 - 408 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Well that's gay... seems like this whole time it was supposed to be a stock manifold. You shouldn't be able to cut up shit and modify it but ok I guess. So an external wastegate is ok, too?
Again nothing new..... this thread is almost older than how long you have been on this forum. Psifi motorsports started this like in 04 with a 12.3 then dasmopar broke it 12.07 bizzysrt 12.06 me 12.05 and I got to 11.86 and stayed there for 3.5 years till Aarons guy ran 11.83 or something and so on.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Again nothing new..... this thread is almost older than how long you have been on this forum. Psifi motorsports started this like in 04 with a 12.3 then dasmopar broke it 12.07 bizzysrt 12.06 me 12.05 and I got to 11.86 and stayed there for 3.5 years till Aarons guy ran 11.83 or something and so on.
Congratulations. It's that old. And yeah I've seen all of those times. Ok well I guess I'll externally gate and port the stock manifold then... hopefully it'll help with top end.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
With the stock turbo it needs all the help it can get on top but at the same time making the motor more efficient on the too end is also making the turbo less likely to keep up hence the drop off . You can do it but in all honesty its been done and nobody is going crazy with it. Meztutbo did this from Aaron in 06 and the car went 12.09 so don't expect a lot from this but it would help with egt's I am sure.

Big wheel stocker it would be more beneficial

·
Registered
943 Posts
With the stock turbo it needs all the help it can get on top but at the same time making the motor more efficient on the too end is also making the turbo less likely to keep up hence the drop off . You can do it but in all honesty its been done and nobody is going crazy with it. Meztutbo did this from Aaron in 06 and the car went 12.09 so don't expect a lot from this but it would help with egt's I am sure.

Big wheel stocker it would be more beneficial
This is true but the gains in the midrange may get the torque to stay higher longer. I have a E1 on my 2005 and when I went to the FM mani the top end didn't really gain anything but from 4400 to 5400 it gained 15ftlbs. I hope to see the same on a stocker. The egts would hopefully lower also. Is this going to make a hugh diff ..................................................................................................................................................................................................NO but Im just looking for .053 off my time lol.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Many people nowadays want to spend as much money as possible... more power to them if they have the money. But I will always respect the owners who can get the same or better results with significantly less money spent.
This is what I set out to show with my car. Ive got 3500 in the whole car!

401 - 408 of 408 Posts